peterecju

KES 11 renames Office filest to .tmp

Hello,

I recognized very strange behaviour after upgrading from Kes10 SP2 to KES 11.

When user does any activity with Office files on network share, files are renamed to xxxxx.tmp

As I know it was known problem also for KES10 SP2 version when FLE module was installed and Office files were stored on network drive.

I have KES 11 installed also with FLE and FDE support, but I thought it was solved.

Unfortunately it happens on our CEO laptop so it's very difficult to get any GSI data.

Could somebody confirm that behaviour or send me number of private fix for KES10 SP2?

Thanks  a lot.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb peterecju:

When user does any activity with Office files on network share, files are renamed to xxxxx.tmp

KES 11 renamed the file? On my hosts KES creates a copy of the file and normaly, when I close the office application, all tmp-files are deleted. Normally - not always. :( (Since 10.2.4.674).

On 5/14/2018 at 12:23 PM, OBK said:

KES 11 renamed the file? On my hosts KES creates a copy of the file and normaly, when I close the office application, all tmp-files are deleted. Normally - not always. :( (Since 10.2.4.674).

In my case only tmp files remain and office file is deleted. I'm able to rename tmp file back to e.g. pptx and it contains all content. 

It same as it was described here: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2095867-issues-saving-office-files-after-installing-fall-creators-update  or https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2001654-word-documents-randomly-turns-into-numbered-tmp-file-upon-saving-and-closing

Preblem appeared after upgrade to KES 11. The only difference is Win7 on my side.

20 hours ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Could you please collect KES traces at the moment when the problem reproduces.

Thank you!

I'm afraid it will be very difficult or nearly impossible. Laptop belongs to our CEO and it usualy happens when he is working remotely.  

Hello.

Thank you for information. 
Please wait for an engineer reply in your incident.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.