danijel

KES Cloud & Win10 ver. 1803

Hello,

what to do when you get this message? It says that Windows 10 was unable to install (update to Win 10 ver 1803).

image.png.64d57f5f2c0acb00b1f34eeb75b40681.png

image.png.a58b7c9f3c81438f81331beb5c4bc294.png

Edited by danijel

15 minutes ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem in more details.

Thank you!

Hm, more details in which direction? :)

PC is with Win10 Pro, ver 1709, 16229.371

On PC is installed KES Cloud Endpoint latest possible version 10.3.0.6294

Windows update started to install latest Windows version 1803 and failed with message "Endpoint Security: Update to the latest version or uninstall to continue with setup"

Possible solutions?

If unistall is only way at the moment, will KES Cloud work after Windows upgrade and install again?

I was confident that the update will not run on computers that do not have a flag that they are ready. KES Cloud 10.3.0.6294 is ready for Win 10 ver 1803 or not?

Hi,

please check this KB https://support.kaspersky.com/13036 for compatibility scenarios.

For sure you have KES10 SP2MR1 and you need to apply MR2 patch. Since i don't know if Cloud console is already providing SP2MR2 full installation package, you can:

1) download your desired version here https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/endpoints/keswin10/10.3.0.10010/
2) extract the downloaded exe and pick up the kes10sp2mr2.msp file
3) apply that msp file and retry to upgrade your OS

M

On 5/3/2018 at 12:22 PM, mastropizza said:

Hi,

please check this KB https://support.kaspersky.com/13036 for compatibility scenarios.

For sure you have KES10 SP2MR1 and you need to apply MR2 patch. Since i don't know if Cloud console is already providing SP2MR2 full installation package, you can:

1) download your desired version here https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/endpoints/keswin10/10.3.0.10010/
2) extract the downloaded exe and pick up the kes10sp2mr2.msp file
3) apply that msp file and retry to upgrade your OS

M

Yes, this works. Is there a official article on KB for this maybe? So I can send link to our customers.

thank you

di

Well, as far as i know there's no such a tech note yet but KL guys might give you a much more reliable answer :)

M

mastropizza danijelThanks the .msp works, does that properly update KES to the new version? It's only 1.8meg whereas the proper installer is over 300meg.

Well, you cannot compare a full installation package to a patch! You work with the first one when you're facing with an installation from the scratch while the second one allows to apply, incrementally, the fix (or fixes) for what the patch has been built for.

M

I understand, I mean can I apply the patch to all the computers that already have KES installed and the patch will be adequate?

6 minutes ago, BOBsa said:

I understand, I mean can I apply the patch to all the computers that already have KES installed and the patch will be adequate?

Hello.

The patch is exclusively designated for hosts that have the specific version of KES installed (in this case, KES 10 SP2). For other versions of KES (e.g. KES 10 SP1, KES 11) the patch is redundant.

Thank you.