New Plus Installation & Samsung SSD

I removed Total from my pc in order to install Plus not know if it was an upgrade or not. My daughter wanted Plus on her laptop so we decided to jump to Plus instead of wait. OK so far both working good but no activation code has been received. FAQ says its in the email, erm, no its not. Trying to find the activation code in My Kaspersky as per instructions, erm, no it isnt. The Licence is, but code is XXXX XXXX etc. Also Plus says that I have unlimited VPN but then states on a difference page 300mb limit?????

2 hours ago, elbmek said:
  1. I removed Total from my pc in order to install Plus not know if it was an upgrade or not. My daughter wanted Plus on her laptop, so we decided to jump to Plus instead of wait.
  2. OK so far both working good but no activation code has been received.
  3. FAQ says it's in the email, erm, no its not.
  4. Trying to find the activation code in My Kaspersky as per instructions, erm, no it isn't.
  5. The License is, but code is XXXX XXXX etc.
  6. Also Plus says that I have unlimited VPN but then states on a difference page 300mb limit?

Hello @elbmek

Welcome!

1. Ok, so, just for the record we're discussing a 'converted' KTS (MR3) to MR8/9 subscription license, not a brand-new Kaspersky Plus MR8/9 subscription license. 
  2. Correct & no activation code will be sent; *apparently* Kaspersky no longer sends activations codes for the new range. According to a response we received from Kaspersky Technical support, we asked: "Where does the Kaspersky Plus activation code show in the MyKaspersky account?"  Their expert said, quote: "activation code will no longer be available to see in My Kaspersky account. If you purchase the license for Kaspersky Plus the license will automatically save in your account and you can see license key details only but not the activation code." end-quote.
  3. Ok, they probably have not updated their email templates; that's not surprising; Kaspersky are frequently very slow publishing, updating, correcting documentation (io *direct* e, we've submitted 100's of documentation updates, some are still 12 months outstanding, waiting for updating); & for email templates, they probably are working with the plan to do the updates at the very end of the rollout for every region on the planet, which will be mid-2023. 
  4. You're correct. However, if the KTS license is still visible within (your) MyKaspersky account, the KTS activation code should also be there, if it was saved in (your) MyKaspersky account, at some stage prior to the conversion - therefore (you) should see the original KTS activation code & the new Plus license number. 
  5. You're correct.
  6. For KTS converted to Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Premium, it's like for like, KTS always comes with: Kaspersky Password Manager Premium, Kaspersky Safe Kids Premium & Kaspersky VPN Standard/Free, the equivalent Kaspersky Plus & or Kaspersky Premium license comes with Kaspersky Password Manager Premium, Kaspersky Safe Kids Premium & Kaspersky VPN Standard/Free. Kaspersky's statement, quote: "We are glad to inform you that KTS will automatically transform into Kaspersky Plus and KTS activation codes can be used to activate Kaspersky Plus, but it will not grant unlimited premium Kaspersky VPN." end-quote. Also, please see: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.  Quote: "Q1. How are they compatible with old apps? Kaspersky Total Security = Kaspersky Plus (with KSK and without unlimited VPN)" End-quote. 
  7. The "KTS activation codes can be used to activate Kaspersky Plus", = the Kaspersky system will seamlessly know the original license / activation code & use it to 'activate' the new Plus or Premium license; (you) the subscriber won't have to do anything, it's a fully automated process.  
  • On the documentation subject: email templates, Online Help etc., in early Jan 2023 Kaspersky support said, Quote: "As of the moment, our public articles and online stores are not yet updated regarding this but please rest assure that we have already brought up this issue to the attention of the concerned team as this was not the first inquiry we received regarding this.", End-quote; we reminded them the rollout has been completed in at least 20 regions for at least 4 months prior to that date. 

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Corrected grammar || ?

Thank you for such an informative reply. I have or seem to have, it running smoothly. However I have just had a notice that my Kaspersky AV has expired and I should renew subscription. Now I am assuming that this is KTS telling me and not Plus!  This is what happens now when I click on the desktop icon to open K Plus?

kplus.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, elbmek said:

Thank you for such an informative reply. I have or seem to have, it running smoothly.

1. However I have just had a notice that my Kaspersky AV has expired and I should renew subscription.
  2. Now I am assuming that this is KTS telling me and not Plus! 
  3. This is what happens now when I click on the desktop icon to open K Plus?

Hello @elbmek

You're most welcome!

Please read the following carefully first *before* doing them, and provide the data we request so we can go thru the process with you step by step: 

1. Where it says "Sign in to restore the subscription", have you signed (to your MyKaspersky account) using the same email address that your KTS license is registered under & going back to your 1st post where you wrote: "Trying to find the activation code in My Kaspersky as per instructions, erm, no it isnt. The Licence is, but code is XXXX XXXX etc." that email address - from that application that you've shown us the screen print of - don't do it, just confirm please? 
  2. Since installing Plus has the computer been fully shutdown/rebooted powered OFF & ON?
  3. On the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About, post a  screen print of the About screen please? 
  4. Post a screen print of "I have just had a notice that my Kaspersky AV has expired and I should renew subscription." please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

1. email and password is same as for KTS, and works. But my kaspersky insists I still have KTS with no sign of Plus in it.

2. Yes, including turned off overnight.

3. attached

4. can find it, not even in bin. Still checking

Plus seems to be working fine, after a couple of tweaks. Its reported to me that an external Samsung SSD drive (2TB) is about to die on me and to remove all items. KTS never did this. Took me all evening but did it. Even though I totally (pun intended)  deleted KTS before installing Plus I still have KTS according to 'my kaspersky'. Maybe I should create a new My Kaspersky.???

aboutkp.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello @elbmek

Thank you for posting back with the information!

• Don't create a new MyKaspersky account please. 
  1. At this very moment, is the Kaspersky Plus app signed into (your) MyKaspersky account? IF 'no', please sign into (your) MyKaspersky account, from Kaspersky Plus, using the original email address. 
  • Your best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 1.

@elbmek

1 hour ago, elbmek said:

Plus seems to be working fine, after a couple of tweaks. Its reported to me that an external Samsung SSD drive (2TB) is about to die on me and to remove all items.

FYI , a Member in the French section came up with a  similar case on a Samsung SSD drive in a good condition which  in my opinion could be a ?bug? ?.  Please double-check with Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskInfo (→ portable) ?

3 hours ago, Berny said:

FYI, a Member in the French section came up with a similar case on a Samsung SSD drive in a good condition which  in my opinion could be a ?bug? ?.  Please double-check with Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskInfo (→ portable) ?

Adding the referenced case: Kaspersky Plus & SSD SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TO Critical SSD - by GTOMTOM - January 27 2023 - French User Forum

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• The title was changed to New Plus Installation & Samsung SSD

about your Samsung SSD

check SMART and look for 03 and 0E value

if not same as my screenshot, you need to worry about hardware failure and data loss

931551912__20230207105829.thumb.png.33a80e92d3890ebcc69100977fa4d513.png

On 2/5/2023 at 11:11 PM, elbmek said:

Its reported to me that an external Samsung SSD drive (2TB) is about to die on me and to remove all items.

@elbmek

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, elbmek said:

Plus seems to be working fine, after a couple of tweaks. Its reported to me that an external Samsung SSD drive (2TB) is about to die on me and to remove all items.

I would like to address the issue again.

The SMART values displayed by the Plus are in all likelihood correct.
Samsung has confirmed a bug in the firmware (the health status that can be read out via the Smart function decreases unusually quickly) of the 980/990 and is providing an update.

• Like 1

So I have just wasted £90 replacing a drive thats good!!! and now, another one.

The hard drive ST2000LM007-1R8174 — Seagate Expansion Drive (O:). with running on the device mike-pc (Desktop) is not working optimally and it may fail soon. We recommend that you back up your important data.

Health indicators as of 20 February 2023:

• - Disk status: 30% — Bad
  • - Disk temperature: 19 °C — Good
  • - Disk run time: 25011 hours
  • - Power-ons: 475 times

Edited by elbmek

• 2 weeks later...