now

Kaspersky Protection Extension not working in FireFox

After a lot of trouble getting Kaspersky and Firefox working together regarding scanning encrypted connections I finally got it to work. It involved re-installing the latest Kaspersky Total Security (which made matters worse at first) and manually re-installing the Kaspersky certificate.

My current problem is that the Kaspersky Protection Extension is not working in FireFox. I have the latest version of FireFox, and the extension is ENABLED. In the top-right corner of FF I only see a grey-out shield, where there used to be something green that could be clicked to see what was blocked. The strange thing is that it worked for a few days this week, but not before and not now. I also see adds now although I have anti-banner ON. I have not made any updates to FF or K this week.

The only odd thing that I see is that there are two versions of the Kaspersky Anti-virus personal root certificate. One of them does not allow the certificate to identify websites. Checking that to ALLOW, does not help. Removing that certificate, and keeping the other one does not help. After a while the second certificate re-appears, still with no allowance for identifying websites.

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Welcome. Can you please specify your FF version as well as your Kaspersky extension version. Did you try >  remove extension > manual FF addon.XPI install > restart FF.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 18.0.0\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox\addon.xpi”

I am using FireFox Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit), which seems to be the latest version. The Kaspersky extension has version 5.1.94.24d 20171109.  It says "Last updated April 16, 2018", which is the date I re-installed the latest version of Kaspersky (18.0.0.405 (g).

I have not tried a manual remove/re-installation.

Thanks so far!

I received this message today and am hoping someone can assist.

image.thumb.png.6766ce1989ef7b819a42755708fd5117.png

Le 28/04/2018 à 02:59, now a dit :

After a lot of trouble getting Kaspersky and Firefox working together regarding scanning encrypted connections I finally got it to work. It involved re-installing the latest Kaspersky Total Security (which made matters worse at first) and manually re-installing the Kaspersky certificate.

My current problem is that the Kaspersky Protection Extension is not working in FireFox. I have the latest version of FireFox, and the extension is ENABLED. In the top-right corner of FF I only see a grey-out shield, where there used to be something green that could be clicked to see what was blocked. The strange thing is that it worked for a few days this week, but not before and not now. I also see adds now although I have anti-banner ON. I have not made any updates to FF or K this week.

The only odd thing that I see is that there are two versions of the Kaspersky Anti-virus personal root certificate. One of them does not allow the certificate to identify websites. Checking that to ALLOW, does not help. Removing that certificate, and keeping the other one does not help. After a while the second certificate re-appears, still with no allowance for identifying websites.

Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have the same trouble & noted exactly the same strange thing about the two root certificates. Whenever I'm allowing or removing one of them Kaspersky Protection is not working.
I created new Firefox profiles, I launched the FF repair & nothing change. Kaspersky Protection at the right top corner is still greyed.
Should I re-install my Kaspersky Internet Security 18.00.405(g)?

Not yet. Instead reboot daily and look to see if/when you get 18.00.405(h)

Any better after patch h and another reboot? 

By the way, one-third of your signature is out of date, and maybe the other two-thirds, too. :)

I still believe in God, but God no longer believes in me.

Windows XP, Kapersky Internet Security 2010 9.0.0.736

Just another WTF comment. With the latest FireFox update Kaspersky Protection doesn't work anymore. The reason is:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

I hope this issue will be fixed ASAP.

18 minutes ago, richbuff said:

You must be kidding, right? Daily reboot as a way to keep your system secure?

Il y a 8 heures, richbuff a dit :

Any better after patch h and another reboot? 

By the way, one-third of your signature is out of date, and maybe the other two-thirds, too. :)

Hi Richbuff,

I'll wait for another Kaspersky version or an agreement between Mozilla & Kaspersky.
I lost a huge time trying everything to avoid this problem by many many ways.
Curiously the bank protection is not working anymore also, unless I'm lauching the bank website from Kaspersky!
And... The Kaspersky protection is working on that window (only)!

Regarding your remark about my signature you're more than right :D

-> I tried to change my signature by the profile area but is is not working. It could be Illuminati's, lezard's or Putin's conspiracy

Eveything's OK now!
I do not no if this is because of the 18.0.0.405(h) new Kasprsky version but it works now.
What about you people?

18 hours ago, lestat-75 said:

Eveything's OK now!
I do not no if this is because of the 18.0.0.405(h) new Kasprsky version but it works now.
What about you people?

Seems it was finally fixed, I got the Kaspersky protection back with my FF 60.0(damn, they keep pushing new versions like crazy!).

I am the original poster. Since posting here things have taken a turn for the worse. When I posted here the Kaspersky protection add-on was working SOME OF THE TIME. Almost 2 weeks ago FireFox presented me with an updated version of the K add-on, which needed to be enabled. I did enable it, and since then the Kaspersky add-on has not functioned.

I have the latest version of FireFox (60.0, will try 60.0.1 later today), 5.1.94.27d for the kaspersky add-on, and version 18.0.0.405(h) for Kaspersky. I tried working from a fresh and new FF profile. I have used Kaspersky / FireFox for a really long time, but this is really unworkable.

Has anyone got another idea what is going on?

By the way, I mentioned in my post:

This is still the case. Don't know if this is related.

If you have any idea what is going on, please post here.

now, hello,

according to our information there are no issues with 2018 products, Kaspersky Protection extension and the latest Firefox.

Please create a request to Tech support via my.kaspersky.com and tell me the INC number.

Thanks.

Thanks Mefodys, but I just found a solution / workaround.

It seems the problem that I noticed with the Kaspersky certificates is related. What you can do in FireFox to get the certificates working again is:

1. In FF: under Options / Privacy & Security: delete the master password.

2. In FF: under Options / Privacy & Security: scroll down, click View Certificates.

3. Find the Kaspersky certificate(s) and using the "Edit trust" button make the certificates trust websites again (Under "AO Kaspersky Lab").

4. add the master password again.

The Kaspersky add-on is working now. Have not checked what happens after a reboot, but apparently it has to do with resetting the trust in the kaspersky certificates with the master password set to off, and not while it is active. Seems like a FF bug.

I'm happy so far. I'm happier if it all stays OK.

It hasn't been visual for a long time. It's Grey.  Sitting there with no detail or way to adjust it. It seems to indicate that it is working if you look at banners blocked etc.  But it has No Real Information or details about it.  And...It - Meaning the whole of Kaspersky Total Security hasn't been reporting much real information for a while.  It states an action and no details.  I've tried everything with the Firefox extension.  I had Two (2) installed at one time.  I went to the folder for the extension in Kaspersky's Programs and Manually installed it -  but still a grey symbol with signs in the application information under "Banners, etc."  that it did block something.  It is Not however Blocking Ad's.  I had to install a third party Ad-blocker to get rid of them.  I really loved and depended on the plugin.  It does work in Google Chrome and edge - I think.  It's listed for Internet Explore as there and enabled but Internet Explore is not installed on my computer ----  I don't think.

I apologize if this was all addressed already.  I didn't read everything.  I have to leave so I just posted.  :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, now said:

I think I just tried to do what you are describing and it was already marked on "This certificate can identify trust".  Is that what you are referring to?  I re-did, rechecked and restarted FF and everything is the same.  I'm not sure but does it have to be exported to a particular folder.  Why was it automatically usable (like the norm) in Chrome and others but not in FF.  There is someone asking the same question on and addon site (If I remember where I was correctly) and no one from FF answered her question.  Am I missing what your instructions are telling me to do?

Thank you so much

Edited by richbuff
I removed your reply from within large quote.

Hi Z0eymae,

In my case it was really important to perform the points 1 to 4 in that specific order. So start with removing the master password (1). Then make the kaspersky certificates trustworthy (2 and 3). And finally add the master password again (4). IN THAT ORDER. This worked for me. If it doesn't work for you, maybe there is something else going on.

By the way: everything is still working. Rebooting did not mess things up again!

Good luck!

Am 18.5.2018 um 20:48 schrieb now:

It seems the problem that I noticed with the Kaspersky certificates is related. What you can do in FireFox to get the certificates working again is:

Thank you so much for this brilliant workaround. It works! :)

On 5/18/2018 at 11:48 AM, now said:

2. In FF: under Options / Privacy & Security: scroll down, click View Certificates.

3. Find the Kaspersky certificate(s) and using the "Edit trust" button make the certificates trust websites again (Under "AO Kaspersky Lab").

Just set up new laptop and installed FFQ abd Kaspersky 

Been trying for several days and this fix is not working for me. Firefox Quatom shows no certificates, even though Kaspersky extensionis enabled, and the shield is grayed out. I have rebooted several times and will keep trying.

any other ideas.

UPDATE:  Tried a reboot again and bingo ~ very happy to have FF/FFQ to use. Even safe money works now.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by richbuff
I moved your reply from the other persons quotebox.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:48 AM, now said:

The Kaspersky add-on is working now. Have not checked what happens after a reboot, but apparently it has to do with resetting the trust in the kaspersky certificates with the master password set to off, and not while it is active. Seems like a FF bug.

I'm happy so far. I'm happier if it all stays OK.

I am running Firefox version 61.0.1 (64-bit) and was running KIS version 18.0.0.405(h) without having any problems until KIS updated to 18.0.0.405(i) yesterday, 23rd July, and then I got this KIS recommendation for both Firefox and Thunderbird (see attached) with the KIS shield in Firefox greyed out.

The KIS extension version is currently 5.1.94.28d-20180412184251 which has an updated date of July 23, 2018.

I followed the instructions detailed by now for Firefox and it has worked but as there isn't a KIS extension for Thunderbird, I cannot remove the KIS warning for Thunderbird.

This issue obviously relates to the latest KIS version i / Firefox but at least we have a work around for Firefox until this is updated/fixed/resolved by KIS/Mozilla.

Hope this info helps.

KIS Issue 1.jpg

Can you please try this :
> Clean install KIS 2019 ver 19.0.1.1088 (b)  + reboot
> Upgrade TB to the latest version 52.9.1 + reboot

55 minutes ago, Berny said:

Can you please try this :
> Clean install KIS 2019 ver 19.0.1.1088 (b)  + reboot
> Upgrade TB to the latest version 52.9.1 + reboot

Thanks for the info but from previous experience of installing new KIS versions for the following year, I am reluctant to install KIS2019 at the moment.

TB is already version 52.9.1 so I think I will leave things as they are, as it is not that problematic at the moment.

Once all the main 2019 bugs have been sorted out in a few months when I will probably install it then.

Cheers.

FYI , most of the issues with Kaspersky 2019 have been sorted with Patch (b).

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.