terence_nxg

Delete the old data from the KSC with mysql database

Dear Support Team, 

Our KSC server is running extremely slowly,  the root cause maybe the database size is too big ( about 10G ).  Although i changed the "Keep events log" days from 366 to 90 days for all items, i cannot see the database size has any change. 

How can i delete the old data from the mysql database?  or any special setting to do on the KSC ? 

The biggest problem is the anti-virus database cannot be updated even clean-up the repository  :-(

568759654_ksc-database-sizecopy.png.86be6c15e2c17bb24d146770c5c1acaa.pngLooking forwards for your quick support. 

Thank you

Hi Konstantin, 

As the server takes few minutes to a "click" action, e.g.  open a task status,  it is hard to delete any data from the UI.  Is there any better way? 

Thank you

Hello. 

MySQL database usage comes with a  warning 

The Administration Server database maintenance task does not support MySQL. If MySQL is used as the DBMS, administrators will have to maintain the database on their own.

https://help.kaspersky.com/KSC/SP3/en-US/100999.htm

Are you using Kaspersky Security Center as a windows update server ? Do you have Application Startup Control enabled in your policies ? How many workstatuins are connected to this KSC instance ?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.