MirceaForce

Kis 2018 update today 25/04/2018 close ccleaner when execute comand clean

So today kis 2018 like he does automatically update,  affected ccleaner ...program work perfect until you click run/continue clean files kis just close the program...

this just happen from today

I did tried:

uninstall ccleaner and install again no fix

disable every component from kis no fix

try to add to exclusion list no fix

restart pc no fix

only fix is to exit kaspersky but this will comprimise protection

9ce793835001043.jpg

we need a fix asap

using last version of ccleaner 5.42  windows 10 x64 pro up to date

Edited by MirceaForce

Running KIS 2018 ver 18.0.0.405(g) with latest update under W10 , i can't reproduce your problem with CCleaner Pro 5.42.6495 (64-bit)

If you suspect that Kaspersky is  causing the problem ,  please submit a ticket to the Technical Support : https://center.kaspersky.com

cc_cleaner.jpg

44 minutes ago, Berny said:

Running KIS 2018 ver 18.0.0.405(g) with latest update under W10 , i can't reproduce your problem with CCleaner Pro 5.42.6495 (64-bit)

If you suspect that Kaspersky is  causing the problem ,  please submit a ticket to the Technical Support : https://center.kaspersky.com

i'm using windows 10 pro x64 1709 os build 16299.371

with ccleaner free not pro

do you have same operating system ?

can you use ccleaner free for testing ? like this :

analyze - right click on what do you want to delete--clean system temporary- click continue

i did made a video for better understanding

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ayqOcGC8HvRTtvhhT4ku7TRZZG3PV3r/view

wait for feedback

Edited by MirceaForce

It looks like this issue is related with the OS , your problem doesn’t show up under W10 Home 1709 build 16.299.371 + active KIS 2018 18.0.0.405(g)

i have installed ccleaner 5.41 second version and works perfect

if it was a os problem ccleaner 5.42 have been crashed and logs have been created in windows maintanance or ar been hang in the task manager

ccleaner 5.42 clean perfect without kaspersky in the process....it seems others ar having  similar issue with this last version

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/51706-latest-update-not-working/

or is a ccleaner problem

Edited by MirceaForce

fwiw I'm using win10 pro version 1709 build 16299.402 and found ccleaner 5.42 became unresponsive every time I try to clean windows log files.

I've reverted back to the previous build that works perfectly so I suspect the problem is with ccleaner  not kis.

Edited by petsy
grammar

10 hours ago, petsy said:

fwiw I'm using win10 pro version 1709 build 16299.402 and found ccleaner 5.42 became unresponsive every time I try to clean windows log files.

I've reverted back to the previous build that works perfectly so I suspect the problem is with ccleaner  not kis.

try to exit kis from taskbar then open again the ccleaner and see if your problem have been solved

p.s Strange is if you exit kaspersky ccleaner 5.42 works any troughs ?

Edited by MirceaForce

Here is a reply i obtained from the Piriform Support Team (included in the Pro version)

I have passed your request on to our 2nd Line support team for further investigation;
someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

13 hours ago, Berny said:

Here is a reply i obtained from the Piriform Support Team (included in the Pro version)

good news thank you

a post from piriform :

d4k0

On 4/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, pk2 said:

@others (64-bit users): please download procdump.zip (https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Procdump.zip), close running CCleaner UI and run procdump.exe -e 1 -f "" -x "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" - it should create a dump file when CCleaner crashes when you press "Clean" button.

Thanks!

I created a dump file using procdump:

https://app.box.com/s/scqvm6x0kpgj40lie7s1g9f6r0t6inf0

The error code is 0xC0000374. My OS is Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.402 x64 and I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus 18.0.0.405(g).

If I close Kaspersky completely, CCleaner works; whitelisting CCleaner in Kaspersky has no effect. In a virtual machine with Windows 10 x86 and Avast I don't have this problem.

Edited by MirceaForce

6 hours ago, MirceaForce said:

a post from piriform :

d4k0

I created a dump file using procdump:

https://app.box.com/s/scqvm6x0kpgj40lie7s1g9f6r0t6inf0

The error code is 0xC0000374. My OS is Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.402 x64 and I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus 18.0.0.405(g).

If I close Kaspersky completely, CCleaner works; whitelisting CCleaner in Kaspersky has no effect. In a virtual machine with Windows 10 x86 and Avast I don't have this problem.

Do you have 'System Watcher' enabled in KAV 2018? I'm not sure if its included in KAV but it is in KIS. If its enabled, try disabling it to allow system changes. Also, believe it or not, I seen where users on different forums had this error and the bottom line of what was causing it was the thumbnail cache. I would at least try this, where you don't check mark the deletion of thumbnail cache file. Also some users with this error found out if they used icons instead of thumbnails, the error stopped. Just a suggestion is all.

My understanding of the HEAP is that its a Memory allocation to different programs. I'm wondering if there's 2 different programs trying to allocate the same memory addresses. I notice you mentioned your virtual machine as 32 bit, but Ccleaner is 64bit and so is KAV? And if you used the 32 bit virtual machine with Avast, no problems. Have you tried to use Ccleaner as a 32 bit installment with no virtual machine and using KAV? Just in case there's issues with Ccleaner 64bit on some systems. I realize you use a 64bit Win10

Edited by plb4333

14 hours ago, plb4333 said:

Do you have 'System Watcher' enabled in KAV 2018? I'm not sure if its included in KAV but it is in KIS. If its enabled, try disabling it to allow system changes. Also, believe it or not, I seen where users on different forums had this error and the bottom line of what was causing it was the thumbnail cache. I would at least try this, where you don't check mark the deletion of thumbnail cache file. Also some users with this error found out if they used icons instead of thumbnails, the error stopped. Just a suggestion is all.

I understand that kis/kav interface with thumbnail cache?? can you give more details

p.s did test step by step with every component disable no fix

2 hours ago, MirceaForce said:

I understand that kis/kav interface with thumbnail cache?? can you give more details

p.s did test step by step with every component disable no fix

My understanding on that forum was, in Ccleaner program, don't check the Delete thumbnail.cache. Seems it can cause issues with Kaspersky if program tries to. On your desktop where you go to Folder Properties on the top toolbar, check the View Tab. Then at the very top, there's an option for Icon instead of thumbnails. Check that so your thumbnail cache isn't used. Please note tho, this was from just 1 forum and for the members there having this same issue, it did help, but that doesn't necessarily mean all users would be helped. It just depends on what's going on exactly

1 hour ago, plb4333 said:

My understanding on that forum was, in Ccleaner program, don't check the Delete thumbnail.cache. Seems it can cause issues with Kaspersky if program tries to. On your desktop where you go to Folder Properties on the top toolbar, check the View Tab. Then at the very top, there's an option for Icon instead of thumbnails. Check that so your thumbnail cache isn't used. Please note tho, this was from just 1 forum and for the members there having this same issue, it did help, but that doesn't necessarily mean all users would be helped. It just depends on what's going on exactly 

can't find thumbnails

vor 19 Stunden schrieb plb4333:

My understanding of the HEAP is that its a Memory allocation to different programs. I'm wondering if there's 2 different programs trying to allocate the same memory addresses. I notice you mentioned your virtual machine as 32 bit, but Ccleaner is 64bit and so is KAV? And if you used the 32 bit virtual machine with Avast, no problems. Have you tried to use Ccleaner as a 32 bit installment with no virtual machine and using KAV? Just in case there's issues with Ccleaner 64bit on some systems. I realize you use a 64bit Win10

I'm d4k0 from the Piriform forums.

Deactivating "System Watcher" didn't help. Whitelisting CCleaner also has no effect.

Deleting the thumbnail cache is also deactivated.

Using the 32-bit version of CCleaner on the real system with KAV results in the same crash of CCleaner.

The problem is that the former version of CCleaner works without any issues. Maybe this new "feature" of CCleaner 5.42 has something to do with it:

Where appropriate, CCleaner Free may recommend improvements to your system’s antivirus protection

So maybe Kaspersky interferes here (CCleaner probably scans the processes) and "stops" this feature which then results in a crash. Also keep in mind that Avast bought the developers of CCleaner last year, so this may be the reason why CCleaner 5.42 doesn't crash with Avast Free ...

5 hours ago, DaKo1989 said:

I'm d4k0 from the Piriform forums.

Deactivating "System Watcher" didn't help. Whitelisting CCleaner also has no effect.

Deleting the thumbnail cache is also deactivated.

Using the 32-bit version of CCleaner on the real system with KAV results in the same crash of CCleaner.

The problem is that the former version of CCleaner works without any issues. Maybe this new "feature" of CCleaner 5.42 has something to do with it:

Where appropriate, CCleaner Free may recommend improvements to your system’s antivirus protection

So maybe Kaspersky interferes here (CCleaner probably scans the processes) and "stops" this feature which then results in a crash. Also keep in mind that Avast bought the developers of CCleaner last year, so this may be the reason why CCleaner 5.42 doesn't crash with Avast Free ...

I agree completely. Thanks for the clarifying :)

I completely removed Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 today (I also used "kavremover") and reinstalled it. Now CCleaner 5.42 doesn't crash anymore. Very strange as I tried the new version of CCleaner again before I removed Kaspersky (with the latest signatures) which gave me the same crash.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:14 PM, DaKo1989 said:

I completely removed Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 today (I also used "kavremover") and reinstalled it. Now CCleaner 5.42 doesn't crash anymore. Very strange as I tried the new version of CCleaner again before I removed Kaspersky (with the latest signatures) which gave me the same crash.

you did use uninstall from control panel and after kavremover ?

This is what I did:

1. Uninstall Kaspersky from control panel and restart.
  2. Use kavremover and restart.
  3. Reinstall Kaspersky and let it update.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:01 AM, DaKo1989 said:

This is what I did:

1. Uninstall Kaspersky from control panel and restart.
  2. Use kavremover and restart.
  3. Reinstall Kaspersky and let it update.

this works perfect but did veryfy your system restore after using kavremover ? it's not working anymore

kavremover breaks the registry

only solution found here

https://rjcuk.blogspot.ro/2016/09/kaspersky-removal-tool-bug.html

or using this regfile

4b7a68850782834.jpg

repair.rar

Edited by MirceaForce

You are right, I verified it and had the same problem. This problem is known since 2016 and occurs on Windows 10 1607 and newer. Back then someone on the Kaspersky forums said that the developers know about it and some confirmed in December 2016 that it seems to be fixed, but it still seems to be a problem with the latest version from March 2018.