peru

category conversion in kes11

hi,

I have created many categories in kes10sp1mr2 in application startup control rules. After conversion of policy from kes10sp1mr2 to ke11. Unable to convert the categories created in kes10sp1mr2 to kes11. Unable to use those categories in kes11. Please assist.

ksc10sp3

kes11

BR

vor 48 Minuten schrieb peru:

I have created many categories in kes10sp1mr2 in application startup control rules. After conversion of policy from kes10sp1mr2 to ke11. Unable to convert the categories created in kes10sp1mr2 to kes11. Unable to use those categories in kes11. Please assist.

Did you update your KSC to KSC SP3 or did you install a new KSC? (I installed a new KSC, imported all my application categories and was able to use them in the policy). But please pay attention. If you have application categories with files and MD5-hashes you will have trouble. Only SHA256 works.

hi,

I have upgraded kscsp2mr1 to ksc10sp3 before upgrading I have exported the categories named as windows.klc. But when I imported them in ksc10sp3 got imported successfully. converted the kes10sp1mr2 to kes11 policy. . Opened the policy-> startup control)> add category but unable to find in drop down list that windows.klc which was imported from the earlier versions. Alast stucked here. Kindly help.

BR

hi,

still waiting for your quick reply. Kindly reply with high priority.

BR

vor 3 Stunden schrieb peru:

I have upgraded kscsp2mr1 to ksc10sp3 before upgrading I have exported the categories named as windows.klc. But when I imported them in ksc10sp3 got imported successfully. converted the kes10sp1mr2 to kes11 policy. . Opened the policy-> startup control)> add category but unable to find in drop down list that windows.klc which was imported from the earlier versions. Alast stucked here. Kindly help.

There is something in the category which kes 11 doesn't like. Do the following: Delete some entries in the category and try again if it is possible to Import it. If not, delete more entries and so on. Suddenly you will see the category in the policy in the drop down list and you know, which entries in the category make the trouble.

Hello. 

KES 10 SP1 MR2  uses MD5 file hashes to identify executable files, whereas Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 works with SHA-256 hashing algorithm for this task, thus usage of old categories are simply impossible in a new product.

Hi,

Kindly confirm that the categories you have created for KES10 SP1MR2 includes some MD5 based entries or not?

If it have some entries based on MD5 then you will not be able to see the category in the KES11 Policy until you remove all the MD5 entries from the category.

KES10SP2/MR1 and KES11 only works with SHA256 entries.

Regards,

Yasir

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.