eclipse79

KSC 10.5: unusable KES 11 policy converted from KES 10

Hello

I upgraded from KSC 10.4.343 to 10.5. The wizard launched conversion task of KES 10 policy to KES 11, but it is completely unusable. When I navigate through configuration areas of KES 11 policy, I got the error "Applicaton management plugin failed to create a section for the object".

If I create a new KES 11 policy, it works fine.

Exporting converted KES 11 policy, I got a very small file (compared to the export of KES 10 policy).

Any workaround for this issue?

Thanks

Fabio

26 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

Do you have KES 11 plugin installed?

Thank you!

Yes.

I can use KES 11 with its policy if I create a new policy. The only issue affects importing settings from v10 policy.

thanks

In that case please collect admin server and console traces during policy conversion process.

Please use any file sharing resource to upload data and provide us with a link. Thank you!

Please collect KES11 plugin traces while policy convertation

To do so please make some changes to the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace]

"Settings"="Default"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default]

"TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000001

"TraceFileMaxLevel"=dword:000001f4

and reproduce the problem.

Please noteice, that you have to make changes back after traces are collected in order to stop traces.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Please collect KES11 plugin traces while policy convertation

To do so please make some changes to the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace]

"Settings"="Default"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\Trace\Default]

"TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000001

"TraceFileMaxLevel"=dword:000001f4

and reproduce the problem.

Please noteice, that you have to make changes back after traces are collected in order to stop traces.

Thank you!

Hello

the pc in which KSC is installed does not have the node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES\ but has HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\protected\KES10 node. 

This machine has KSC and KES 10 (I deployed KES 11 only in 1 test pc). Can I make changes using KES10 node?

Thanks

Hello!...

Any solution?... I have the same issue, when execute the convertion policy wizard from KES 10 SP2 to KES 11.

Hello.

What kind of components are you using ? 

What is your KSC version, what is your plugin versions ?

I'm upgrading from KSC 10.3.407 to KSC 10.5.1781 (for Select)

All application plugins was installed on the installation process and updated on the "Administration server quick start Wizard". And later downloaded from "https://support.kaspersky.com/9333"

When create a new KES 11 policy, it work fine... the problem begin when create the KES 11 policy from convertion policy wizard... the same issue of @eclipse79.
When convert policy from KES 10 SP1 or SP2  to KES 11, I got the error message "Applicaton management plug-in failed to create a section for the object"

error.png

Edited by Luis.gk

What kind of Kaspersky Endpoint Security components you had configured in your policy ?

Hello,

Is there a solution here? We have the same problem when converting Policies from KES10 SP2 to KES11.

Thanks for help!

66/5000

Hello.

This problem could occur only in specific scenarios. What is your KSC version ? Can we see an original policy ?

Hello,

KSC Version is 10.5.1781.

I can not put the customer policy into the forum. See Case INC000009472324

Kind regards

I have found your incident, it is currently assigned to a support representative, please wait for a reply from customer service.

I have found the possible reason for the error in my test lab.

Within device control there are several trusted devices (MTP device) with a user privilege (in normal case that would be everyone). I think at this point the conversation procedure stucks because this error is not handeled.

the policy I already uploaded to support

Kind regards

Hello,

I have the same problem. I would like to know if there is already a solution to this problem of converting Kaspersky 10 policies to 11. We registered a ticket INC000009486738 but still no solution.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.