Tu Nguyen

Kaspersky Rescue Tool does not list Volume

First of all thanks to Kaspersky for a great product.

I presented these issues in an article on how to boot Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018 ISO from Grub2 and Grub4dos on my blog.

I used Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 before, everything works fine. At version 2018, it supports booting in UEFI mode, but I have encountered a major problem. I have access to all the partitions, but there are not any partitions in the list so I can select and scan. I have tested and this problem does not happen on the virtual machine.

Screenshot_2018-04-08_18-13-35.thumb.png.8fe2b1efff5b79bd37beb05c1794322e.png

--------------------

The second problem is that I can not update Kaspersky's virus database.

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018 is based on SystemRescueCd, which has a very nice feature that is backing-store. It allows you to save changes including browser data to somewhere that it supports. For Ubuntu it is called persistent mode. But there is a big problem that has arisen when I use this feature, that is, I can not update Kaspersky's virus database.

Screenshot_2018-04-08_18-12-09.thumb.png.837061c37eecfc5c1aecb04129b650f5.png

I would like to suggest that the database should be stored in the backing-store if the user uses this feature.

Thanks!

В 08.04.2018 в 14:25, Tu Nguyen сказал:

I used Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 before, everything works fine. At version 2018, it supports booting in UEFI mode, but I have encountered a major problem. I have access to all the partitions, but there are not any partitions in the list so I can select and scan. I have tested and this problem does not happen on the virtual machine.

Your build 18.0.9.0 is not final build. This issue probably fixed in release build 18.0.11.0. Please download ISO again.

You can find KRD version in "krd_version.txt" in ISO root.

The second problem is that I can not update Kaspersky's virus database.

This issue also probably fixed in build 18.0.11.0.

Before update you should remove beta bases https://support.kaspersky.com/14242#block2 and reboot.

Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018 is based on SystemRescueCd, which has a very nice feature that is backing-store. It allows you to save changes including browser data to somewhere that it supports.

I would like to suggest that the database should be stored in the backing-store if the user uses this feature.

"Backing store" is not supported now. Maybe it will be supported in the future.

As workaround you can add SRM files to "data" folder.

I presented these issues in an article on how to boot Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018 ISO from Grub2 and Grub4dos on my blog.

Good article. "trace" parameter removed in build 18.0.11.0

Thanks!

On 9/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, Yury N. said:

Your build 18.0.9.0 is not final build. This issue probably fixed in release build 18.0.11.0. Please download ISO again.

You can find KRD version in "krd_version.txt" in ISO root.

Yes, this has been fixed. Thank you!

Edited by Tu Nguyen

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.