Hoppity

Is it safe to save My Kaspersky in KPM?

I have connected My Kaspersky to my android, allowing it to lock my phone and erase everything. That's a big deal, so I don't want to increase the chance of anyone getting a hold of my password for My Kaspersky. I have even used an exclusive e-mail address for My Kaspersky.

My question: if I save My Kaspersky account + password in my KPM (which uses the same My Kaspersky account), will this increase the chance of anyone getting a hold of this password?

I think so right? Because I also have KPM on my phone, and it seems that you only have to enter the master password after you restart phone (correct?), so if someone gets a hold of my phone, they have access to the account information of My Kaspersky aswell right?

If “someone” knows the lock code of your phone and also knows your KPM master password , then the anwser is yes.

How about if a keylogger on my laptop manages to get my password which I use to log-in to KPM and has access to all my passwords. Would they be able to enter My Kaspersky if the password of My Kaspersky is not saved in KPM?

If the answer to that is NO, would they be able to reset the password of my KPM and lock me out of my own vault if the password for My Kaspersky is not in my KPM?

I guess if the answer to the latter is yes, then there is no increased risk for losing access to my phone if somehow my KPM password was hijacked. Because I think if I lose my phone somewhere, people won't go through KPM to find My Kaspersky, unless if they are sneaky. So that gives me enough time to go on my laptop and lock my phone through My Kaspersky.

Cause I can't think of another way to remember the password to My Kaspersky to be able to lock my phone using my laptop instantly if I'm outside my house. Cause I can't take a note with the password on it with me.

1 hour ago, Hoppity said:

How about if ...

100% security doesn't exist ...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.