jonniRsynnic

Prep before Win 10 reset of laptop

Hi there,

Is there any preparation that I have to do (save/export settings, files, etc.) before I do a reset of Win 10 on my laptop?  Or is everything saved in the portal?

I have Kaspesrky Total Security (KTS) and Kaspersky Secure Connection licences (Home)

Hi,

Welcome.

Save only your license file (Key).

You can also save configuration of your kaspersky - export file as .cfg

Also in windows 10 there are two option how to reset - 1. is reset windows and keep your programs installed 2. is complete reset without keep your programs.

Also, in addition to nexon's post, the reset settings in Windows 10 will remove all your programs and settings, the only way to keep your programs is if you have a Windows 10 ISO and use it to do a repair install of Windows.

reset.png.f6bbfae1f7883270f73afadfcc0ef97b.png

If I do a repair install I usually remove Kaspersky first, install Windows & fully update it, then re-install Kaspersky, & import my saved settings, update the databases and reboot.

Which ever way you choose to reset, be sure to have your 20 digit activation code to hand, if you registered on My Kasperky you can find it there, and you can download the latest installer from the links in this post https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/344419-download-the-latest-kaspersky-product-updates/

Make sure you click on Update and not free trial when downloading.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.