billwelland

[2637297] What does this symbol Kaspersky Protection plugin in Firefox mean?

I've updated to KIS2018 and have tried to continue running Firefox 58.0.2, but I get adverts appearing (except when I'm using Safe Money, when the green shield icon does appear and does do its job).

In normal Firefox the shield icon is grey rather than green, and when I click on it I get the attached unintelligible image.   It looks as if it's asking me to set something, but I already have Private Browsing enabled, and Settings > Protection already says everything is "On", so is this just another problem with the new Firefox that Kaspersky hasn't yet designed a way round? 

The really amusing thing is that some of the adverts I'm getting are Kaspersky adverts!  Presumably that's because I've been trying to find the answer using Online Help and elsewhere on the forum.

Any suggestions?

Bill

Unexplained Kaspersky 2018 icon.png

Edited by VenZe
bug number added

Dear billwelland,

This symbol means that Kaspersky Protection plugin in Firefox doesn't have connection with KIS application. As for now we're investigating the issue (its number is 2637297).

This also happens to me, but only after I use the forget history button.  If I restart the browser then every thing resumes as normal.

A bit more information - I have two separate "Accounts" running on this PC, and only one of them suffers from the problem. 

The account that shows the grey sheild in Firefox is the one in which I use Firefox's Password Manager with a Master Password.  I've read somewhere that the Master Password can interfere with other things, so perhaps the Kaspersky Protection plugin is one of them.  Perhaps unwisely, I went from KIS 2017 to KIS 2018 at the same time as I went from Firefox 57 to Firefox 58, but I assume Firefox 58 is the more likely cause of the trouble as I know that 58.0.0 kept assuring me that Google Search was insecure.

When I'm working in the account which doesn't have any Firefox-saved passwords I get a green shield icon straight away on opening Firefox.  I also get a green shield when I use Chrome as a browser - but Chrome doesn't offer me the Master Password protection that I have always enjoyed with Firefox.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.