Mahmoudbadawy

How to Exclude Google drive file stream from scan ?

Hi Ivan,

Ok, KES11 policy sent to KLCentralSupport: INC000009245388 

As with version 10, this problem is solved if the real-time scan mode is set to run in "on execution" mode rather than in "smart mode".

But we would like the exclusions to operate correctly and to correct the conflict between the smart mode and the Google Drive File Stream. 

Thanks and regards.

Sorry for the late reply

I can confirm issue exists with MR2

I have raised a case via the company account portal. So far, if we disable the file scan it will work. It appears to ignore our rules of excluding certain folders or drives.

Regards,

Pete

2 часа назад, Peterchu_uk сказал:

Sorry for the late reply

I can confirm issue exists with MR2

I have raised a case via the company account portal. So far, if we disable the file scan it will work. It appears to ignore our rules of excluding certain folders or drives.

Regards,

Pete

Could you please provide incident number.

Thank you!

So is this the definitive solution to this issue? Is it the best or recommended solution?

As with version 10, this problem is solved if the real-time scan mode is set to run in "on execution" mode rather than in "smart mode".

Excluding g:\ drive from scanning, as proposed earlier, isn't really a solution, that's where the users files sit, and those are high risk for viruses.

I see a lot of KL support staff asking for more details, but no reply posts concluding the issue. There is obviously thousands of users affected by this, I'm only dealing with hundreds. I understand the pressure of support, but are they this under resourced?

1 hour ago, mcdiesel said:

So is this the definitive solution to this issue? Is it the best or recommended solution?

Excluding g:\ drive from scanning, as proposed earlier, isn't really a solution, that's where the users files sit, and those are high risk for viruses.

I see a lot of KL support staff asking for more details, but no reply posts concluding the issue. There is obviously thousands of users affected by this, I'm only dealing with hundreds. I understand the pressure of support, but are they this under resourced?

Hello.

Currently, the line you quoted is the suggested workaround for this issue. RnD are working on resolving it.

Thank you.

For support: issue 2764051, 2787158

Our school is seeing very large internet downloads that coincide with a Kaspersky tasked Virus Scan.

We are using Kaspersky 11.0.06499 on a variety of Windows 10 computers

The issue is that when Kaspersky 11.0.06499 is completing a scheduled scan of the computer, it is causing the files to get downloaded. And this is a lot of files. 

In looking at the scheduled task > Properties > Scan Scope > Settings, I currently have the following items selected:-

-        Kernel Memory

-        Running processes and Startup Objects

-        Disk boot sectors

-        All removable drives

-        All hard drives

We do not want to mark these areas as “Trusted” as they are not.  But we do need to stop the scheduled scan.  Is there a recommended way of dealing with Google Drive File Stream?

Thanks

Sorry I think I have found it.  
Ignoring the task (which was where I was looking), in Policies > General Settings > Exclusions > Scan exclusions and trusted zones - I added the following entries into Scan exclusions:-
G:\
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\DriveFS\ 

2 часа назад, smakb сказал:

Sorry I think I have found it.  
Ignoring the task (which was where I was looking), in Policies > General Settings > Exclusions > Scan exclusions and trusted zones - I added the following entries into Scan exclusions:-
G:\
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\DriveFS\ 

Hello!

Can we mark this request as solved?

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.