Mahmoudbadawy

How to Exclude Google drive file stream from scan ?

How to Exclude Google drive file stream from Kaspersky Endpoint protection because it's Running every day at windows startup?

Edited by Mahmoudbadawy

We asked management for the upgrade before, but still not approved yet, so we need a solution to this version if a solution only available on the recent version I will escalate the issue to the upper level.

Thank you

The new update from Google to replace Google drive with Google file stream

Google file stream showing as a Removable device like (Flash memory or hard disk). so the Endpoint client starts to scan it every time connected.

image.thumb.png.c639f6020f0c9649b6465fa689894a8f.png

Please un-check "All removable drives" at File antivirus tab and try to reproduce the issue.

Please let us know about result.

Thank you!

Thank you Nikolay, the problem was solved finally without disabling removable devices scan, Just exclude the subfolders example:

(G:\My drive, G:\Team Drive)

image.thumb.png.88c249dd1ba5e041872c43b73b99d16c.png

Thanks again buddy :)

Mahmoud

I am still battling this issue and can not convert my company to Google Drive Stream until it is resolved.  Even after adding Drive FS.exe to the trusted apps and adding the G:\ drive to exlusions in KIS2018, the system still hangs up when trying to open any file from drive stream.  If I shut off KIS it works fine.  

Is the issue also related to: 

Any thoughts?

Desktop screenshot (6).jpg

Desktop screenshot (5).jpg

I am using KIS 17.0.0.611(I)

I tried to exclude the subfolders per your example before I tried to exclude G:\ but there was no difference.

Any other thoughts?

@MBang: try an exclusion for encrypted traffic for Google File Streams services/executables, in the same way explained in this thread for Google Sync:

20 минут назад, MBang сказал:

I am using KIS 17.0.0.611(I)

I tried to exclude the subfolders per your example before I tried to exclude G:\ but there was no difference.

Any other thoughts?

You need following forum, this forum section for Enterprise products.

Thank you!

UPDATE: After my post I figured that KIS 17 must have meant 2017, so I went on Kaspersky's website and noticed there was a version 18.  After upgrading to 18, it seems to have fixed the hanging issue with Google Drive Stream.   I have been battling this issue for weeks I really wish I knew this earlier!  

How come KIS doesn't update to the latest version when it "updates" virus definitions?  I sure would be helpful for users that don't actively seek out if programs have been updated or not especially something as important as Internet Security/ Anti-virus

Dear sirs,

We have the same issue with KES 10 SP2 in several thousand computers.

With all exclusions added: to "trusted zone", "exclusions", for "GoogleDriveFS.exe"  but the problem continues.

When problems happens, the explorer suffers closures, the explorer hangs up, and sometimes empty letter drives appear in my computer.

Some crash errors in Google FileStream logs:
drive_fs_main.cc:792:wWinMain Nonstandard filter drivers present: klbackupflt.sys klif.sys klvfs.sys unrecognized
drive_fs_main.cc:792:wWinMain Nonstandard filter drivers present: klif.sys unrecognized

-What are or what do the files klbackupflt.sys klif.sys klvfs.sys?

-Today we have added exclusions for G:\ drive and subfolders, Is it necessary?.

-Are these errors fixed in KES 11?.

Thanks and regards.

Hi Ivan,

You can check it in the attached images.

Could you confirm us if do we need to specify the full path of the file in the Trusted application exceptions?  (We specify: "C:\Program Files\Google\Drive File Stream\25.1.63.1725\GoogleDriveFS.exe").
It's very important because there is unique path for each version, if we can specify GoogleDriveFS.exe in place of full path it will be better for compatibility new versions...

KES10SP2_GoogleDriveFS_TrustedApplications.jpg

KES10SP2_GoogleDriveFS_ScanExclusions2.jpg

KES10SP2_GoogleDriveFS_ScanExclusions1.jpg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.