OBK

FDE encryption doesn' start (2)

Hello,

I tried to encrypt a HD with Kaspersky-FDE, but the encryption doesn't start. All modules are installed, but the Encryption Status stays in "No encryption policy specified".

You'll find Policy, GSI and a screenshot of the installed modules at https://www.magentacloud.de/share/21h5p3hrdh

Kind regards,

OBK

Hello. 

You don't have FDE component installed on host according to provided GSI report. 

You can use KSC task to install FDE component on a given workstation. 

You may also run FDE Test Utility for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 https://support.kaspersky.com/13042 on a work station in order to check if this system is capable to run encryption. This action should be taken before component installation.

Am ‎23‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 20:36 schrieb Evgeny_E:

You don't have FDE component installed on host according to provided GSI report. 

Very insteresting. As you can see on the screenshot, KES 11 says: Modules are installed. Why the screenshot and the GSI report differ?

The concernd host was installed with KES 10 SP2. My collegue uninstalled KES 10 SP2 and installed KES 11 beta2 manually. Because the module FDE was missing, I started a task to install it. The task supplied successfully.

19 hours ago, OBK said:

Very insteresting. As you can see on the screenshot, KES 11 says: Modules are installed. Why the screenshot and the GSI report differ?

The concernd host was installed with KES 10 SP2. My collegue uninstalled KES 10 SP2 and installed KES 11 beta2 manually. Because the module FDE was missing, I started a task to install it. The task supplied successfully.

Encryption components are not part of the interface in KES. If you are implying the screenshot from the first post, no encryption modules are mentioned on it.

Thank you.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Kirill Tsapovsky:

Encryption components are not part of the interface in KES. If you are implying the screenshot from the first post, no encryption modules are mentioned on it.

And how is it possible to check if encryption components are installed or not?

As I wrote before I installed the components through a task "Change application components". I attached the task to this issue.

install components.klt

Edited by OBK

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Kirill Tsapovsky:

Encryption components are not part of the interface in KES.

But why? With KES 11, FDE is integrated in KES.

Hello. 

FDE could be managed only trough Kaspersky security center as decryption information are stored in SC database.
There is no need to have FDE component in KES interface by design.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Evgeny_E:

FDE could be managed only trough Kaspersky security center as decryption information are stored in SC database.
There is no need to have FDE component in KES interface by design.

This is not an answer to my question:

Am ‎28‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 13:22 schrieb OBK:

And how is it possible to check if encryption components are installed or not?

You saw it in the GSI, but this is not the normal way.

Am ‎02‎.‎03‎.‎2018 um 13:01 schrieb OBK:

This is not an answer to my question:

You saw it in the GSI, but this is not the normal way.

What will you do with this issue?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.