Francisco

GandCrab Ransomware .GDCB

Hello, Francisco 

unfortunately, you are dealing with a new and complicated virus, so there is no official decrypter available yet. However, do not even think about contacting owners of Gandcrab because you can be left with nothing. Cases when they just take victims' money and give them nothing in exchange are quite popular.

However, you can try Shadow Explorer which can recover separate files from their shadow volume copies. Check it here: https://shadowexplorer.com/ Besides, if System Restore was enabled on your computer, you can also try using Windows Previous Versions feature. However, this method works only for separate files as well. Here is a detailed guide explaining how to use it properly.

Could you tell me how did you get infected with this threat? Virus has been spread with the help of several exploit kits, so I think that there was a spammy email, am I right?

Hi @JoshRoss , thanks for your answer.

First of all, the virus came with a webpage, it appears a message (from chrome) telling that the page needs to have an actualization of the language, showing all the letters and words in flags.

When i downladed the "package" nothing happened and yep, the virus has entered my pc. Very rookie but it´s the truth.

More web pages have been infected  the same way, offering an archive to solve the problem. It seems very real because the message came up directly from the "Chrome" team so be careful with this kind of messages.

Please as soon as you have some answer let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Fco.

Hello Francisco, 

Thanks a lot for your support and consideration.

What about GrandCrab ransomware . crab extension? any solutions for this one yet?

All my files were encrypted back in May via GrandCrab V3. I need help I as I don't have any backup for these files.

All my work is permanently gone. I hope you've finally found a decrypter?

Regards,  

CRAB-DECRYPT.txt

Hi everyone. For the gandcrab V5.0.3 or older you have to use the decryption tool that is in the following web page.  https://labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/gandcrab-ransomware-decryption-tool-available-for-free/

Read instructions and execute it. Kayla and andpk001, this tool will recover all your lost files.

megamehmet55, i am sorry for not having the solution for your virus, i recomend to see the same webpage (https://labs.bitdefender.com/2018/10/gandcrab-ransomware-decryption-tool-available-for-free/) every week because they are constantly updating solutions for the gandcrab virus.

Merry christmas and a happy new year!! Please tell me if it works so we can help other people!!

Francisco.-

On 12/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, megamehmet55 said:

GANDCRAB V5.0.4 , help.... Extension .rzulpwy

On 10/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, andpk001 said:

GANDCRAB V5.0.3 , alguma solução pra descriptografa esse arquivo? 

On 10/14/2018 at 4:41 AM, kayla said:

Hello Francisco, 

Thanks a lot for your support and consideration.

What about GrandCrab ransomware . crab extension? any solutions for this one yet?

All my files were encrypted back in May via GrandCrab V3. I need help I as I don't have any backup for these files.

All my work is permanently gone. I hope you've finally found a decrypter?

Regards,  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.