OBK

Information in KSC not correct

Hi,

when I see a host in the KSC as an the attached files, I think:

- Network Agent ist installed

- KES is installed

- The policy is not applied, the service isn't running or ...

In reality, the host had had a problem, a collegue reinstalled the computer and added him to the domain.

I expect in this case, that KSC realises, that on the computer the agent and KES isn't installed. But KSC doesn't.

Because KSC is so stupid, I wait until I release, what the reason of the problem is (this takes a while). Then I have to delete the host from the group and from unassigend devices. After a while, KSC added the host once more to unassigend devices and I can move the host to a group and can continue with the Installation.

This behaviour is not nice.

Kind regards,

OBK

screenshot1.JPG

screenshot2.JPG

Hello. 
How operating system was installed ? 
Critical status on host usually indicates that administrator should pay a closer attention to that device in order to get status back to normal.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Evgeny_E:

How operating system was installed ? 

Manually. Not over KSC.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Evgeny_E:

Critical status on host usually indicates that administrator should pay a closer attention to that device in order to get status back to normal.

Okay. But I think that KSC is able to check if agent is installed or not.

Hi,

Цитата

But I think that KSC is able to check if agent is installed or not.

KSC uses Network Agent to determine which components are installed at the host and transfer that info to it. If NA is damaged or not installed, host gets "Critical" status and that means that admin have to pay some attention to the issue.

Am ‎14‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 17:16 schrieb OBK:

Okay. But I think that KSC is able to check if agent is installed or not.

Am ‎27‎.‎03‎.‎2018 um 04:35 schrieb Nikolay Arinchev:

KSC uses Network Agent to determine which components are installed at the host and transfer that info to it. If NA is damaged or not installed, host gets "Critical" status and that means that admin have to pay some attention to the issue.

Do I understand right? When I add a new host to KSC, KSC is able to determine without agent, that no agent is installed. But from the moment, when an agent was installed on the host for one time, it's not possible do determine it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.