Uwe Keim

ExecutionEngineException with IActiveScript call

OK, this is rather technical, I still do hope that this is the correct forum and that I get some reply.

We develop a Windows-based CMS system called "Zeta Producer", currently having approx. 50,000 installations worldwide.

The current version is 7, a C++ application. The next version 8 is completely .NET 2.0-based and currently in beta stage.

The application implements the IActiveScriptSite interface to be a Scripting Host (i.e. users can define scripts in vb script::SetScriptSite[/font][/url]

The generated error is a System.ExecutionEngineException.

Without Kaspersky being installed, everything succeeds.

I generated a small test console application in .NET 2.0 to track down the error. If anyone is interested, here are both the sources and the executable:

http://magerquark.de/data/misc/kaspersky-n...riptingtest.zip

We tested several conditions:

- Kaspersky 5

- Kaspersky 6

- Compatibility mode

None of the helped any further. Only uninstalling Kaspersky helped.

My question now:

- Is this a known issue?

- Is there any workaround?

- Any hints what we can adjust in our application? Or what we can recommend to our customers?

Thanks

Uwe

Try re-registering vbscript.dll (regsvr32 vbscript.dll)

Wohooooooo! Great! That did it! Thank you very much! :)

I tried it on two different machines. On one, I needed to register twice (or maybe I should have just waited a little bit longer). But it worked, both with Kaspersky 5 and 6.

OK, this is rather technical, I still do hope that this is the correct forum and that I get some reply.

We develop a Windows-based CMS system called "Zeta Producer", currently having approx. 50,000 installations worldwide.

The current version is 7, a C++ application. The next version 8 is completely .NET 2.0-based and currently in beta stage.

The application implements the IActiveScriptSite interface to be a Scripting Host (i.e. users can define scripts in vb script::SetScriptSite[/font][/url]

The generated error is a System.ExecutionEngineException.

Without Kaspersky being installed, everything succeeds.

I generated a small test console application in .NET 2.0 to track down the error. If anyone is interested, here are both the sources and the executable:

My question now:

- Is this a known issue?

- Is there any workaround?

- Any hints what we can adjust in our application? Or what we can recommend to our customers?

Thanks

Uwe

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for the sample - it help to reproduce and debug problem. I fixed the problem today.

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for the sample - it help to reproduce and debug problem. I fixed the problem today.

Thank you Mike. Great news!

Any estimated time frame when customers will be able to access the new version?

Thanks

Uwe

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.