jdh201

6.0.2.678 Win Svr & CA Arcserve 11.5 Open files

Ok, after upgrading from kav 5 to 6 I started getting these messages when my backup runs. Basically they are files that can't be backed up because they are in use. This is a disaster recovery backup which needs to back up everything on the drive. I have added avp.com command to my startup to shut down kav, but I still get these errors. Any ideas?

W3404

Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.dat, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

W3404

Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox.idx, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

W3404

Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox2.dat, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

W3404

Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fidbox2.idx, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

The exact command i'm using to shut down kav is avp.com EXIT /password="password"

Well, I uninstalled KAV this weekend before I ran the backup. I had windows explorer open and was looking at the files when I ran uninstall and all four of them were removed during the uninstall. Backup ran perfectly. Reinstalled KAV after backup. It is a work around solution, but not something I want to have to do for every backup.

There are iSwift databases from KAV. Try to turn-of self-protection from WKS.

Tried that with no avail. I have a call in to tech support on this and will keep this thread updated as I know more.

I am trying to do a disaster recovery backup in CA Arcserve and if I exclude any files it does not qualify for disaster recovery.

I am trying to do a disaster recovery backup in CA Arcserve and if I exclude any files it does not qualify for disaster recovery.

Oh, really? You mean, excluding pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys from the backup disqualifies a disaster recovery plan? Are you working with clustered servers (and Kaspersky on them) then 8-)?

I never really worried about the pagefile.sys or hiberfil.sys, by default it doesn't complain about them being in use. Technically it should be able to ignore the fidbox files, but arcserve won't let me.

Something else that is getting to me. I started this thread over a month ago and didn't have any replies until I updated this today as I started working on this with Kaspersky tech support. Why are people suddenly paying attention to my thread now?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.