Sign in to follow this  
Amin

Update task complete. A file necessary for updating is missing from the update source

Update task complete. A file necessary for updating is missing from the update source

Please HELP!

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem in more details and specify versions that you use. Also please provide screenshot of the error.

Thank you!

I did a fresh installation of KSC 10 on a server. when I ran the update to repository, it download and once its done, then I find a message : "  

A file necessary for updating is missing from the update source

Hello

Please provide full GSI report from your KSC server, could you also submit  "Download updates to the repository" task results export ? Do you have any network filtering ?

You didn't provide information that I asked for, so this is inaccurate conclusion. 

Does your FortiGATE have DPI or certificate replacement or any other way to tamper a TLS ?

KSC have failed to verify signature of Kaspersky update services. 

Try to not intercept KSC traffic during update task and see if task compelets successfully.

1 hour ago, Amin said:

we do not have DPI but we renewed the license recently... 

GetSystemInfo_MLR-KAV-01_amin_2018_02_06_11_48_38.zip

Hello.

The point above was that you might need to whitelist KL update servers from any used network filtering software you use. Certain solutions are known to transparently modify some of the update files, which leads to the fail of validity check on the product side.

You can find the list here: https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/general/452

Thank you.