Sign in to follow this  
CDavis02

License expired, can replace but not renew

Hello, my three-year Internet Security license just expired, and I've got some quick questions. First, while there is an option for replacing the license, I can't find one to directly renew it (Using the 2018 layout and the big "Renew" button isn't there). If memory serves I got the license with my computer when I first bought it in 2015 (got it from Best Buy I think), not sure if that factors in or not. Second, does Kaspersky give alerts when a product license is about to expire? I expected there would be a popup or something letting me know it was about to expire, but I never got any sort of notification.

Welcome to the user forum!

Open Kaspersky and click on "License" in the lower-right corner.  That will open a window where you can purchase and/or enter a new activation code.  I have attached a screen shot of what that page look like for me.  You say your license has expired so maybe yours is a bit different.  Can you tell us what options are there?  In any event, all you need to is to purchase an activation code from any authorized retailer (beware of too-good-to-be-true pricing) and enter the new code once you have it.

As far as alerts when you're about to expire, I can't be sure on that because I have most of the Notifications turned off in Settings > Additional > Notifications.  When I get down to a week or two left on my license, I start shopping for a new code.  The past few years I've used Amazon (a Kaspersky authorized vendor) and enter that code when I have one day to go.  Check your settings for notifications as see what options are sleected.

Renew.JPG

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. This is what I'm seeing on my end:

dammitkasper_by_fennecfyre-dc1rqcc.png

Clicking "Visit service provider website" just takes me to the Kaspersky site, and trying to enter my current key there to renew it doesn't work. 

For alerts, it's possible I turned those off accidentally, I'll switch them back on later if that's the case.

I don't use the subscription service so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice with that.  Someone else may be able to advise where to go from here.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.