OBK

Problems with update installation of agents

Hi,

the default settings of install and uninstallation tasks are:

- Using Network Agent: enabled

- Using operating system  resources by means of update agents: disabled

- Using operating system resources by means of Administration Server ...: enabled

Normaly, this works fine. But for deinstallation tasks or update tasks for agents it makes always problems. It's clear. An agent can't uninstall itself. If I disabled "Using Network Agent", normaly und works fine. But I often Forget to do it immediately after creating the task.

It would be fine if the default for Installation and update tasks for agents would be only "Using operating system resources by means of Administration Server ..." or if "Using Network Agent" is enabled, the task wouldn't use this setting.

Kind regards,

OBK

Hello. 

Please provide "Uninstall application remotely" task results. 

Collect full GSI report from affected PC. 

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Evgeny_E:

Please provide "Uninstall application remotely" task results. 

The uninstall results show you: Uninstallation okay, but when I run an installation after the uninsttalltion, the Installation failed. (Export of results: please refer to attached files).

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Evgeny_E:

Collect full GSI report from affected PC. 

GSI report will follow.

uninstallation export result.txt

installation export result.txt

Create uninstallation task with default parameters, and set it to delete network agent form host. 

If task completes succesfully, check for network agent files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent directory on one of your hosts.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Evgeny_E:

Create uninstallation task with default parameters, and set it to delete network agent form host. 

What do you mean with "set it to delete network agent form host.". Dosn't a deinstallation task delete network agent from host by default?

When you create "Uninstall application remotely" task you can specify different programs to be deleted it is not always Nagent or KES.

What is heappening when task usues default settings, and  when you set "Using operating system resources by means of Administration Server"?  If in firs case all files on host are left intact, but second scenario deletes everything as it should, check this behaviour. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Evgeny_E:

When you create "Uninstall application remotely" task you can specify different programs to be deleted it is not always Nagent or KES.

Okay. But I have only Problems with the deinstallation of the network agent.

What is heappening when task usues default settings,

KSC says: Deinstallation successfull, but it isn't really.

when you set "Using operating system resources by means of Administration Server"?

When I set only "Using operating system resources by means of Administration Server", everything is okay.

If in firs case all files on host are left intact, but second scenario deletes everything as it should, check this behaviour. 

How should I check this behaviour? I know the workaround. I have to change the default settings. But I often don't think about it when I create a task and when the task doesn't run I remember: Oh, you have forgotten something.

Could you please execute suggested actions ? 

В 01.02.2018 в 18:37, OBK сказал:

How should I check this behaviour?

When you have "Uninstall application remotely" task set to delete Network Agent and executed by means of Network Agent, you should check size of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent folder before and after task execution.

Am ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 00:23 schrieb Evgeny_E:

Could you please execute suggested actions ? 

When you have "Uninstall application remotely" task set to delete Network Agent and executed by means of Network Agent, you should check size of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent folder before and after task execution.

The size of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent folder before and after task execution is equal.

Hello. 

I have submitted an issue for Uninstall application remotely scenario. Issue 2602836 

Now lets wait for developers reply.

Hello. 

For a remote unistallation scenario we need some information. 

Following steps must be performed.

- On the host with Administration Server installed turn on Administration Server tracing of level 4, don't restart any services. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- On the problem host turn on Network Agent tracing of level 4, don't restart any services. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- Reproduce the issue.

- Turn off all tracing that have been turned on above. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- Collect following data:

- From the Administration Console:

- Text file with export of the remote installation task results for the problem target host. How to get it: task results dialog box contains two lists: upper one with list of hosts, and lower one with task events history for the host selected in the upper list. So, the user selects the problem host in the upper list, and then executes 'Export' context menu command from the lower list.

- From the host with the Administration Server installed  (can be acquired with the help of the Remote Diagnostics Utility).

- Administration Server trace file: files $klserver-1093.log and $klserver-1093.log.bak.

- Kaspersky Event Log.

- From the problem target host (all those data can be acquired with the help of the Remote Diagnostics Utility):

- Product installer's trace files: files $klssinstlib.log, $kl*.log, and kl-setup* (if exist), and kl-install* (if exist) from the %WINDIR%\TEMP\ folder on problem target host.

- Kaspersky Event Log.

- Network Agent trace files: files $klnagent-1103.log and $klnagent-1103.log.bak.

-  Put collected files to the archive and provide us with it.

https://support.kaspersky.com/9323  How to get Kaspersky Security Center 10 trace files

You asked:

Am ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 00:23 schrieb Evgeny_E:

And I answered:

Am ‎06‎.‎02‎.‎2018 um 09:46 schrieb OBK:

The size of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent folder before and after task execution is equal.

Today I can say, that's a little bit different.

When I start the uninstallation Task (only using Agent), the task will finish after a while and KSC will create an event "Completed". At this moment the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent! It needs nearly 80 seconds until the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent will be deleted! When I'll start in Installation task at this time, naturally the task will fail. After the 80 seconds everything will be normal. I can install, uninstall, how I want to do it.

In my test, I started one uninstallation task and two Installation tasks. The first Installation task failed.

You asked for several files. Please refer to  https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/MFBZEmRl. You asked for the Kaspersy-Event logs. On the host where I tested, it wasn't possible to export them. I hope you don't necessarily need them to figure out the problem.

Kind regards,

OBK

Edited by OBK

Hello. 

Unfortunately there is no requested files on a supplied link. 

If you have any questions about given instructions feel free to ask.

OBK 

Hello. 

Logs mentioned in my previous reply did not provided on the following link https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/MFBZEmRl 

В 15.02.2018 в 23:26, Evgeny_E сказал:

For a remote unistallation scenario we need some information. 

- On the host with Administration Server installed turn on Administration Server tracing of level 4, don't restart any services. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- On the problem host turn on Network Agent tracing of level 4, don't restart any services. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- Reproduce the issue.

- Turn off all tracing that have been turned on above. Either reg-files or the Remote Diagnostics Utility can be used.

- Collect following data:

- From the Administration Console:

- Text file with export of the remote installation task results for the problem target host. How to get it: task results dialog box contains two lists: upper one with list of hosts, and lower one with task events history for the host selected in the upper list. So, the user selects the problem host in the upper list, and then executes 'Export' context menu command from the lower list.

- From the host with the Administration Server installed  (can be acquired with the help of the Remote Diagnostics Utility).

- Administration Server trace file: files $klserver-1093.log and $klserver-1093.log.bak.

- Kaspersky Event Log.

- From the problem target host (all those data can be acquired with the help of the Remote Diagnostics Utility):

- Product installer's trace files: files $klssinstlib.log, $kl*.log, and kl-setup* (if exist), and kl-install* (if exist) from the %WINDIR%\TEMP\ folder on problem target host.

- Kaspersky Event Log.

- Network Agent trace files: files $klnagent-1103.log and $klnagent-1103.log.bak.

-  Put collected files to the archive and provide us with it.

https://support.kaspersky.com/9323  How to get Kaspersky Security Center 10 trace files

Hello. 

You haven't submitted all requested data, following files are missing:

Kaspersky Event Log from host

Network Agent trace files: files $klnagent-1103.log and $klnagent-1103.log.bak collected from host. 

Please collect all information in a way it was described earlier.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.