Spiros Grammenos

How to stop Kaspersky to access/scan my external HDD?

Hi, i'm trying to exclude my external hard drive from Kaspersky, am a Dj so i Have more than 4TB of music in my HDD.
The problem is that although i've excluded the HDD from Kaspersky anti-virus scan, i've created an exclusion rule for the HDD through Theat and exclusions and i chose prompt for action on external devices connection
kaspersky is accessing (Scan?) my HDD when Am plugging it for about 3-5 minutes.

Can i do something to stop that?

Welcome. Did you try this : Settings > Scan > Scan external devices on connection > [Do not scan]

10 minutes ago, Berny said:

Welcome. Did you try this : Settings > Scan > Scan external devices on connection > [Do not scan]

Yes, I've tried all the settings, Do not scan, Prompt for action, scan drives smaller than 64GB, none of them is working.
Kaspersky always scans my HDD at the connection.

Are you running Kaspersky 2018 ver 18.0.0.405 (f)

Try This:

Settings > Scan > Advanced Settings > Full Scan Settings > Edit Scan Scope for Full Scan > All External Devices (uncheck this).

Not sure if this will have any effect but worth a try.  This setting may apply to a manual or scheduled Full Scan and not when an external device is plugged in.

SCAN.JPG

2 hours ago, dh27564 said:

Try This:

Settings > Scan > Advanced Settings > Full Scan Settings > Edit Scan Scope for Full Scan > All External Devices (uncheck this).

Not sure if this will have any effect but worth a try.  This setting may apply to a manual or scheduled Full Scan and not when an external device is plugged in.

Already did this...

This thing is weird i mean when am checking Kaspersky's reports through the program it does not show what the program is scanning, but in the Windows task manager i can see that kaspersky is accessing my HDD for about as i said 3-5 minutes.

Did you clean install Kaspersky 2018 , or on top of a previous version ?

10 minutes ago, Berny said:

Did you clean install Kaspersky 2018 , or on top of a previous version ?

Clean install, actually i was using Windows pre installed program before Kasperksy.

Hello,

The customer`s external HDD was recognized by Windows as
X300 5TB (G:) Local Fixed Disk NTFS 4657.4 Gb 877.38 Gb

So, our product recognizes it as Local Fixed Disk(as Windows OS). And therefore I do not think, that the problem in External devices scan.

I think the problem is in Rootkit scan, which tries to scan all local drives after few minutes after KTS launch. In customer`s report I see only this type of scan:

24.01.2018 05.00.58 Rootkit Scan No threats detected Detected: 0 Deleted: 0 Not disinfected: 0 Release date of databases used for scan: 23/01/2018 23:31 Total duration: 10 minutes 53 seconds Completion time: 24/01/2018 05:11
23.01.2018 05.00.28 Rootkit Scan No threats detected Detected: 0 Deleted: 0 Not disinfected: 0 Release date of databases used for scan: 22/01/2018 23:27 Total duration: 12 minutes 23 seconds Completion time: 23/01/2018 05:12
22.01.2018 06.37.10 Rootkit Scan No threats detected Detected: 0 Deleted: 0 Not disinfected: 0 Release date of databases used for scan: 21/01/2018 23:17 Total duration: 10 minutes 52 seconds Completion time: 22/01/2018 06:50
21.01.2018 04.59.37 Rootkit Scan No threats detected Detected: 0 Deleted: 0 Not disinfected: 0 Release date of databases used for scan: 21/01/2018 02:09 Total duration: 11 minutes 49 seconds Completion time: 21/01/2018 05:11
20.01.2018 02.40.40 Rootkit Scan No threats detected Detected: 0 Deleted: 0 Not disinfected: 0

Try to go to Kaspersky main menu - Settings - Performance - and uncheck the box: Search for software that is intended to conceal traces of a malicious program in the system(rootkits).

Check the problem again.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.