• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
OBK

Warning Non-installed components

Hi,

I installed KES 10 SP2 MR1 locally in a device with Agent 10.5.1529 installed. I got the mail:

Event "Die Lizenz erlaubt die Nutzung weiterer Programmkomponenten, die nicht installiert sind." occurred on device XXXX in Windows domain XXXXX on Freitag, 12. Januar 2018 07:53:37 (GMT+01:00)

Ereignistyp:     Die Lizenz erlaubt die Nutzung weiterer Programmkomponenten, die nicht installiert sind.

Nicht installierte Komponenten:    

Network Agent Connector

Benutzer:     XXXX (Aktiver Benutzer)

English translation:

Event "The license allows the use of components that have not been installed". occurred on device XXXX in Windows domain XXXXX on Freitag, 12. Januar 2018 07:53:37 (GMT+01:00)

Description:  Event type:     The license allows the use of components that have not been installed

Non-installed components:    
Endpoint Sensor

User:     XXXXX (Active user)

You'll find the installation logs and events at

https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/zzhZEMDg

Kind regards,

OBK

Edited by OBK

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Nikolay Arinchev:

Could you please clarify what component we are talking about? Is it Endpoint sensor or connector?

O sorry.

Network Agent Connector

Network Agent connector is not a component which should be installed mandatorily. It provides connection between KES and Network Agent and if you do not use KSC and Network Agent that there is no need in it.

Thank you!

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Nikolay Arinchev:

Network Agent connector is not a component which should be installed mandatorily.

Okay. 

First: The avent is wrong, because as a wrote the Agent is still installed.

Second: If the Agent won't be installed: But why do KSC create a warning event and not only an info event if it is not mandatorily?

I'll tell something about the background why I want to receive an email if components are missing.

With KES 10 SP1 and SP1 MR1-MR4, we often had the following situation: We wanted to encrypt a device and the component encryption wasn't installed. We waited and waited, but nothing happend. Then, after a while, we looked at the Events and saw: Component encryption was missing. For this, I changed the coniguration and KSC will send me a email if a component is missing. This was often very helpful for us.

Now in this case  KSC send me a mail about missing Agent Connector as a Warning, but the component isn't needed. I think that this is a "False positive". Info Event: Okay, but Warning: Not. This is my meaning.

Kind regards,

OBK

Edited by OBK

Hello,

it's by design.

If some component was not installed then a warning event arises about this matter.

An administrator decides weather this component is needful or not.

4 hours ago, OBK said:

First: The avent is wrong, because as a wrote the Agent is still installed.

The situation is unclear.

You got an email from KSC server that there is no network connector on client machine.

Please keep in mind that if you have KSC server and network agent on client machine then you need network connector on the client machine.

Otherwise the proper communication between KES and KSC server is not established.

Thank you.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dmitry Eremeev:

The situation is unclear.

You got an email from KSC server that there is no network connector on client machine.

Please keep in mind that if you have KSC server and network agent on client machine then you need network connector on the client machine.

Yes I know. That's why I wrote:

Am ‎12‎.‎01‎.‎2018 um 08:25 schrieb OBK:

I installed KES 10 SP2 MR1 locally in a device with Agent 10.5.1529 installed.

Perhaps it clearer like this:

First I installed the Agent on a device and later locally KEs 10 SP2 MR1.

Kind regards,

OBK

Am ‎13‎.‎01‎.‎2018 um 20:27 schrieb Evgeny_E:

Hello. 

KES  10SP2MR1 wasn't designed to work with Agent 10.5.1529

https://support.kaspersky.com/14037#block6

I see, it's never possible to stop learning. :)

Until now I thought, I have to install on every device the same Agent version as the KSC version and on the device it's allowed to install every supported KES version. If I understand you correctly it's different. Although KSC has version 10.3, on devices with KES 10 SP1 I have to install always Agent version 10.4 and not 10.5. Is this right?

Hello. 

Yes you have to use the network agent version provided with your Security Center for best results, however sometimes there is a downward compatibility to an older products. For example you can manage your KES 10SP1MR4 with KSC 10SP2. 

Could you perform your test on a clean PC, and firs install network agent and then install KES 10 SP2MR1 ?

Am ‎16‎.‎01‎.‎2018 um 11:03 schrieb Evgeny_E:

Could you perform your test on a clean PC, and firs install network agent and then install KES 10 SP2MR1 ?

What's the difference?

Hi,

Could you please be more specific? What exactly you`d like to know? Is it about differences of NA different versions?

Thank you!

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Nikolay Arinchev:

Could you please be more specific? What exactly you`d like to know?

This was the start situation:

I got the message:

Network Agent Connector

This message is wrong because the Agent is installed.

What exactly you`d like to know?

I don't want to receive an incorrect message.

Is it about differences of NA different versions?

I don't know exactly. What means NA?

In previous versions I got only the message:

Event "The license allows the use of components that have not been installed".

but not the name of the component.

Edited by OBK

Am ‎13‎.‎01‎.‎2018 um 17:03 schrieb Dmitry Eremeev:

One question: Is network connector a component of KES?