terence_nxg

KES 10 for Windows Service Pack 2 MR1 - upgrade method

Hi Team, 

We are using KES 10 different versions for about 150 PCs with 10.2.4.674, 102.5.3201, 10.2.6.3733, 10.3.0.6294  and Network Agent 10.2.434, 10.3.407, 10.4.343. 

The KSC does some version updates or upgrade automatically but not for all of them.  Just like the latest SP2 MR1, it upgrade 7 PCs only and not for the rest.  I want to unify all of them to the latest version. What is the best way with minimal disturb to the  end users? Has to be remote install because they are in different sites. 

By the way,  under what conditions, the auto upgrade is applicable?  I

Thank you

Hello!

You can create a task for remote installation of the latest version of KES based on the installation package for this version. 

In this case this version of KES will be installed on all of the machines that are specified in the task. 

Thanks!

Hi Ivan,

Then, will it upgrade the Network agent as well? 

Under what conditions the Auto Upgrade service will work (as i mentioned there are 7 computers have been upgraded automatically). 

Thank you

Hi,

Yes, if you create a task it should upgrade Network Agent as well. Please make sure that Network Agent is added to installation package.

Thank you!

Keep in mind, there really is no difference between KES 10 SP2 and KES 10 SP2 MR1. If you update the definitions in your SP2 package, that is the same as SP2 MR1.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.