felt5935

Kaspersky Light Agent 4.0 - Spectre and Meltdown update

It appears that VMs running the Kaspersky Light Agent (4.0.46.8060) are not receiving the SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\QualityCompat  key necessary to receive the security update to patch Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability.  Our agents show the databases are up to date but the Windows patch cannot be applied with the aforementioned key.

I just wanted to bring this to Kaspersky Lab's attention and possibly see if anyone else has this issue.

hello felt5935,

in case it can help ... please read following MS article.

When no AV is installed OR if AV is known to have NO issue with this security fix (KSV is not concerned by potential issue), administrator has to manually add reg key (or add reg by GPO) to assets for them to receive this "special" fix :)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4072699/important-information-regarding-the-windows-security-updates-released

hope it will help ;)

I face the same issue and kaspersky need to create the MS registry key like other kaspersky products 

3 часа назад, M66M сказал:

I face the same issue and kaspersky need to create the MS registry key like other kaspersky products 

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem in more details and provide information about versions.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.