aseddon

Install failure due to network agent being patched

Hi

This seems to happen every time you release a patch for Network Agent as i've seen this before - so hopefully there's an easy way around this, like download an updated install of KES.

basically remote install tasks from KSC and installations with the standalone package of KES 10.3.0.6294 (even when it does not contain Network Agent) are failing with the error

"Product: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows -- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows is not compatible with the Network Agent lower than 10.0 and Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server lower than 10.0. Please upgrade these products."

image.png.24d495ce66b97e77ff79beea75b145dc.png

image.thumb.png.bf25d9f34cef85ec2846be2c0f80cd61.png

This has only occured since clients have installed the latest Network Agent patch SF1

image.png.5ff5e3ba64af618f4b227e336babbc3c.png

How can this be resolved so that KES can be installed via remote install task? (manual installs via msi locally, if that works, is not an option for an enterprise)

KSC Server runs 10.4.343 (new Server 2016 & fresh KSC in last 3 months)

Client PC run 10.4.343 with update SF1 - no AV installed

Hope you can provide a quick answer that doesn't require logs and GSI etc. as this should be easy to replicate at your end, as i say happens every time a patch is released.

Thanks

lol, knew you guys would say that.

can you not say if this is a known issue from the past by looking at some knowledge base /history at your end? as noted i have seen this many times before so isn's a new thing (just i've never reported it)

Also i seem to have Patch SF1 ( klsoap.dll file is version 10.4.365 ) installed on KSC and not Patch A ( klsoap.dll files becomes 10.4.3027) - so i'll update this now if you could research your end

So if you knew we would ask for this information, why didn't you prepared report beforehand ?

There is quite notable article when you open this forum branch.

as mentioned i was hoping that it was a known issue with an easy workaround that was documented in your support files, or already posted here in the forums you could link me to - if not i'll find my own way through this problem (or give up deployments until the next 'full/unpatched' version of network agent/KSC is released)

Edited by aseddon

So, patch A is now installed on server and a client pc

KSC Server has klsoap.dll file version10.4.3029

Client has up2date.exe filer version 10.4.3027.0

Server and client can communicate without problem (Check Accessibility and Force Sync works fine) - therefore there is no issue with communication between KSC or network agent.

manually running the KES 10 setup.exe/msi locally on the client gives the same error as earlier

image.png.6c1b6fa25edeac9f981cb0996e8df2ad.png

GSI logs and Network Agent and KSC logs are not really relevant here, it is the KES installer which is the problem

Please can you advise if there are command line arguments available to disable this check happening, so that install can continue.

thanks

wow you guys don't seem very helpful today, how does a GSI report help you answer the question "Please can you advise if there are command line arguments available to disable this check happening, so that install can continue. ", or confirm that you have or have not seen this behaviour before ???

regardless/to stop delays over this point, i have spent 14 minutes now to generate this GSI 6.2 report, sorry full GSI report for you anyway - download here https://we.tl/4mPLphCv7O and i'll PM the password across

this should give you everything now as you've had the msi installer log above, so i can come back next week and see a fix from you (but i do wonder how many times this will have to go to the devs and how many times i will have to generate logs again and again - sorry to be so negative but this is how every issue raised seems to go)

Hi

What is the results of the investigations into the GSI report and installer log?

Please can you advise if there are command line arguments for the KES install available to disable the check of Network Agent verison happening?

Finally, as noted above, Network Agent works perfectly fine and communicates with the KSC server and is running the latest version supported by you - so uninstalling would not help in any way and isn't something i can do to a large range of machines from KSC server easily as i am relying on Network Agent to help with the installs of KES from KSC server.

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Please try to uninstall the network agent and install it agaim along with the KES10.

Thanks!

well of course this will work as an old version of network agent will be installed along with KES - however this isn't a solution to the general problem of the KES installer not working with the latest patch release of Network Agent. Additionally it'll mean more overhaed on the machine as it'll then have to re-install all the patches again.

i need to deploy latest KES to 500+ machines and removing network agent isn't an option as i need to use it to help deploy KES (i can't remove as it'll mean more deployment failures.)

Is there any answer to my questions:

What is the results of the investigations into the GSI report and installer log?

Please can you advise if there are command line arguments for the KES install available to disable the check of Network Agent verison happening?

Hello!

The results of investigation are in the following recommendations: 

1. Please recreate the installation package of KES and start the installation once again. 

2. Please try to remove the network agent from this particu;ar problematic machine and install it along with KES. 

3. Please try to install the KES manually from the common installer. 

Also here is the list of command line parameters: 

KES10MR1_10580_0213-218154.png

Thanks!

Hi

please read my responses earlier as they all cover this:

1) As i suspected the standaolne installer package may be corrupt, or other issue, and to remove areas of complexity in this issue, i ended up using just the msi installer (with a cfg file) - so this problem still occured running it manually on the client pc

2) yes i expect this will work, but this does not solve the installer problem and will not help me when trying to install KES to 500+ machines as a KSC task

3) As i said I already did this, and i did it last, before generating the GSI report so this would show that, and i attached the msi installer log above too.

4) yes i can also find the msi command parameters, however i don't know if any of them disable the check of Network Agent version happening - can you tell me which one does this (i assume you wouldn't have posted the image if it wasn't possible)

So, how do i install KES without removing Network Agent? (as i need to deploy via KSC task which has this same problem, and where i can't remove Network Agent)?

On 29/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, aseddon said:

So, patch A is now installed on server and a client pc

KSC Server has klsoap.dll file version10.4.3029

Client has up2date.exe filer version 10.4.3027.0

Also happened when Server & Client were CF1 ( klsoapng.dll file version 10.4.365, klsoap.dll file version 10.4.365 )

17 minutes ago, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

We also submitted an issue 2561834

Thanks

On 02/01/2018 at 2:16 PM, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

We also submitted an issue 2561834

Hi

Any update on this? I really need to get going with my 500+ deployment

Thanks

Hello any update to this?

I would have thought that one Kapsersky product being incompatible with another Kaspersky product when both are the latest version would be highly embarassing as a company?

As well as needing to upgrade 500+ machines I have a few unprotected machines without any version of KES installed, where i need KSC & Network Agent to do the install process - so how can i get on with resolving this, or does Kaspersky think it is acceptable to not be able to install their product?

Hi,

Our RnD team is working on that issue, but there is no solution yet.

We will inform you as soon as we receive a feedback.

Thank you!

Hello any update to this? 20 days later and still can't install.

Can't they create a new msi installer that is compatible with the latest Network Agent or add a new switch to bypass this check in that time?

(note - latest installation package 05/01/18 doesn't work either, as it is just the original installer with a MR1.msp, so not different in anyway)

В 18.01.2018 в 12:02, aseddon сказал:

Hello any update to this? 20 days later and still can't install.

Can't they create a new msi installer that is compatible with the latest Network Agent or add a new switch to bypass this check in that time?

(note - latest installation package 05/01/18 doesn't work either, as it is just the original installer with a MR1.msp, so not different in anyway)

Hello!

Is it possible to provide a VM that can help us reproduce the issue?

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.