I have a scheduled scan on my Windows10 computer starting every Monday lunch time.  Often however a database update starts at the same time.  Both then seem to stall and in fact make the whole computer very unresponsive.  The only solution i have found is to cancel both (which takes a long time due to the lack of responsiveness) and then running the update first and then a manual scan.  I am using antivirus version 17.0.0.611.  The computer is quite old but I am sure this should not happen.  Help appreciated as this can be a real pain!

Welcome.  How much physical RAM  do you have on your computer ?

Hi Berny.  4GB of memory.  A pretty old machine, due for replacement!  But this problem is pretty recent and I ahve had Windows 10 running on it successfully for a couple of years!

The zip file I found inside the results folder on my desktop was called virusinfo_syscheck.zip and not GetSystemInfo.zip.  Nonetheless I uploaded it to your site and got the following link:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=9e7ebf9574e64683c6e9cfdc58a82c3c

It may be worth mentioning the first time I tried running the GetSystemInfo6.2.exe program it hung almost immediately - probably about 1% along the progress bar - and stayed there doing nothing for over 30 minutes.  I discovered that a kaspersky anti-virus update had also started and and also hung (at 9% where it normally hangs when running at the same time as a scheduled scan). I stopped both, quickly manually ran the database update, and then reran the getSystem info.  The results you have are from this second, successful run!

Thanks for your quick responses!

I have not yet received any response to the file I uploaded but it is the holiday season!  I would however like to sort this out and if it will help update my software to KAV 2018. So I await a response with interest.

It is now close to a month since I updated the requested scan files. I spent quite a bit of time preparing them and  I would however like to sort this out and if it will help update my software to KAV 2018. It is disappointing getting a request for information, supplying it, and then getting no response!

That doesn't look like the standard GSI log.

You should try again and upload the small zip file GetSystemInfo > computer name > date created