emviem

infection detected in virusdesk but not in security scan

Hi. I need some help. 

I normally use avira free. 

I tried to upload a certain executable file to my gmail and then gmail prompted that the file is infected without specifying the type of infection. Specific avira scan didn't find any infection in the file. I uploaded the file to Kaspersky virusdesk for an online scan, and it detected "Trojan-Spy.MSIL.Keylogger.cgnw". Then I downloaded Kaspersky Security Scan, updated it and then specifically scanned the file but Security Scan didn't find any infection in the same file. Why do you think this is? Isn't the database of Security Scan the same as that of Kaspersky virusdesk?

Edited by emviem

B) Normally the KSS=Kaspersky security scan it doesn't detects mayor malware

infectios on the system .. if it does is Not able to removed it advise you to

install one of its Main antivirus . Paid products like : KAV-KIS-KTS,.etc.

next when you Run a full scan on those products

Klab will detect them - Hope this helps

Plus the above replies: 

Just for a guide to others, Gmail would not allowed you to attach any kind of executable files in its attachment for security reason. If you need anything, you will need to user compressing software such as winzip and winrar and put a password on it. Only then it will be able to be attached to gmail.