Nisko

Insider Fox News video won't run with Kaspersky

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 and Windows 10.  I get streaming video on every website except Fox News Insider.  There, all I get is a black box where the video should be.  After I disable protection and restart my PC, the video on that website works fine.  So, some setting in Kaspersky must be blocking the video.  I welcome all suggestions on what settings or options to change (or other includes/excludes) to resolve this problem.  Thank you in advance!

I use Chrome - but the problem is the same on Edge.  I think I need an exclusion somewhere on K but don't understand much on the K user interface.  Perhaps K is looking at that site as an ad?  If so, I don't know how to exclude the site.  Is there a site that serves as a Kaspersky manual?  I'd like to learn the interface.  Thank you.

It didn’t work for me on chrome but did on Firefox. 

I added foxnews.com into the flash content of chrome browser (advanced settings), restarted the browser and that worked.

What didn't work for you on Chrome?

The URL I'm trying to get to work is:  inside.foxnew.com.  I tried that in Chrome/Flash Content - but it didn't work.  I still believe that there's something similar in Kaspersky that I must do - but I can't find it.

I tried same url as you. inside.foxnews.com

I am using kis version 18.0.0.405, so I would suggest to uninstall version 17 and install version 18 to see if that solves it. It’s free with your current license.

After installing current version, do a manual update and restart your PC.

What didn't work for you on Chrome?

The URL I'm trying to get to work is:  inside.foxnew.com.  I tried that in Chrome/Flash Content - but it didn't work.  I still believe that there's something similar in Kaspersky that I must do - but I can't find it.

I am using Version 18 - same build as you.  What do you mean by manually updating it?

Manual database update. It always a good idea to do that upon installing. Also, the url you are having issues with is what did not work in chrome for me. Adding foxnews to the flash content worked.

There are a few settings I do not use in kis, you can try turning them off one at a time to see it it helps. I don't use kis antibanner and I turned off the inject script option in settings, additional, network.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Make sure to restart your browser and clear cache after setting change,

Post you GSI following instructions below

Edited by rudger79