jameser1

3rd party application update installation error

I'm using KSC 10.4.343 sf1,a and KES 10.3.0.6294 AES256

This is more of a general question.... When installing an application update and the results return: "application completed with error" and "updates installed: 0 out of 3".  Where do you go to find specific details on the error generated for the application update?  Example is 3rd party application such as Adobe Flash Player.  Is there a general rule for determining the root cause of such errors?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

The installation logs are stored in the temp folder. 

You can also collect them with the full GSI report. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you please clarify how this issue is related to KES? Is everything goes back to normal when KES or some of it`s modules are disabled?

Thank you!

I run windows and 3rd party patch updates through KSC.  I created a specific task to install adobe flash player updates.  When I run the task, the results return errors in updating.

image.thumb.png.3bf3d818519c8c8859245c817953355d.png

So I am trying to figure out what is causing the error.

Same issue with us. We had logged a support ticket and told to go to latest KSC agent on our machines. Randomly the flash patch from last month started to work, but now have the same issue with the latest flash update. All other patches are working ok.

Any advise.

48 minutes ago, harps21k said:

Same issue with us. We had logged a support ticket and told to go to latest KSC agent on our machines. Randomly the flash patch from last month started to work, but now have the same issue with the latest flash update. All other patches are working ok.

Any advise.

Hello.

Each item in the updates list may have its own specifics determined by the developer of the appications, which is why they unfortunately cannot be resolved by KSC team en masse. Such cases are investigated individually. If your issue is not resolved, please escalate the existing incident.

Thank you.

Please; we need to know, how it's solved, because we facing this issue in some of devices when we run update task for third party APPs, And we forced to update them manually.

So,

kindly put the solving steps, it's may be useful in my case.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, ZedanG said:

Please; we need to know, how it's solved, because we facing this issue in some of devices when we run update task for third party APPs, And we forced to update them manually.

So,

kindly put the solving steps, it's may be useful in my case.

Thanks in advance

Hello.

Each item in the updates list may have its own specifics determined by the developer of the appications, which is why they unfortunately cannot be resolved by KSC team en masse. Such cases are investigated individually. If your issue is not resolved, please escalate the existing incident.

If the application that fails to update is not yet discussed in this topic, please describe your scenario in details or create a new topic.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.