milo_ja

Is there any free, reasonable firewall compatible with Kaspersky Free? [merged]

My license for Kaspersky Total Seciurity has expired. I want to install Kaspersky Free for anti-virus protection and use Kaspersky Total Security for firewall and other non-virus related features. Is it possible?

Edited by milo_ja

6 hours ago, milo_ja said:

My license for Kaspersky Total Seciurity has expired. I want to install Kaspersky Free for anti-virus protection and use Kaspersky Total Security for firewall and other non-virus related features. Is it possible?

:rolleyes: The antivirus software companies advise >>Not to install 2-Antivirus

in the same computer, because will cause incompatibility issues

and other conflicts.  Affecting the computer operation, wait

for other replies..To take an informed decision

9 hours ago, milo_ja said:

No, No and NO ! Agree with Indio. You can use Kaspersky Free and the Windows Firewall, but my advice would be to buy Kaspersky from a reputable online/shopfront retailer and use the key they send to activate the product.

There are many deals around, and I just recently bought a 2 year subscription for a very good price. Shop around. You'll be better off with either KIS or KTS and you'll get the latest version.

Edited by Fenderman1

Is there any free, reasonable firewall compatible with Kaspersky Free? I was trying Zone Alarm, but Kaspersky Free won't install. After removing it, instalation of Kaspersky Free went fine. Zone Alarm is on the long list of incompatible software. Currently looks like the only free compatible firewall is Windows Firewall. Is it true?

5 hours ago, milo_ja said:

Is there any free, reasonable firewall compatible with Kaspersky Free? I was trying Zone Alarm, but Kaspersky Free won't install. After removing it, instalation of Kaspersky Free went fine. Zone Alarm is on the long list of incompatible software. Currently looks like the only free compatible firewall is Windows Firewall. Is it true?

;) Hello! @milo_ja : it looks like only -Zone alarm works with Klab Free or KAV - so is better to

install the KIS = Kapsersky Internet Security 2018:  is about $ 49.99 or 59.99 : Personally I've tried all

the few Free Antivirus like : Windows Defender: AVG -McAfee -Bit Defender,.Kaspersky free  

and is better have a trusted "Antivirus protection" install KIS-2018 - Here is the webpage

Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018 : The decision is up to you - SEEYou!

I would highly advise against ZomeAlarm, it will screw up your computer. Get something like Comodo Firewall instead.

I have been using KAV and Comodo free firewall for a long time.
At this moment I have installed KAV 18.0.0.405 (d) and Comodo Firewall 10.0.1.6294 enabled only the firewall. I have never had nor do I have problems.

Is Comodo Firewall significantly better than the built in Windows 10 Firewall?  And if so, what makes it so (in simple sentences, please!)?

13 hours ago, Wilf21 said:

Is Comodo Firewall significantly better than the built in Windows 10 Firewall?  And if so, what makes it so (in simple sentences, please!)?

Better? Probably not. But it is much easier to control and setup rules. Of course you could just use a Windows firewall control application such as TinyWall or WFC. Security vendors are also starting to rely on Windows firewall, which generally I don't really like - Especially when considering the spy-like nature of Windows 10. I expect a proper firewall for the premium price you pay for a security suite.

Edited by vBDKv

On 22.11.2017 at 6:15 AM, Indio said:

;) Hello! @milo_ja : it looks like only -Zone alarm works with Klab Free or KAV - so is better to

install the KIS = Kapsersky Internet Security 2018:  is about $ 49.99 or 59.99 : Personally I've tried all

the few Free Antivirus like : Windows Defender: AVG -McAfee -Bit Defender,.Kaspersky free  

and is better have a trusted "Antivirus protection" install KIS-2018 - Here is the webpage

Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018 : The decision is up to you - SEEYou!

I was using Kaspersky Total Security. It was a really good deal with computer magazine subscription (about $38 for 1 year subscription + KTS). Now this magazine is no longer being published, so there is no such a good deal. I choosed to use Kaspersky Free, beacause I wasn't really using any other Total Security feature other than antivirus and firewall. The only missing piece is firewall and looks like Kaspersky don't like Zone Alarm (there was an instalation error). Windows Firewall is working fine, but it's quite ... raw. I was wondering if there is any reasonable compatible firewall. Looks like I'll stay with Windows Firewall ... for now at least. :) Btw. TinyWall looks like good addition to Windows Firewall.

Edited by milo_ja

I'd like to add this, I got a really good deal getting {Kaspersky Internet Security 2018}  through a 3rd party seller. There's Total Security there as well. Just for reference, I got 1 yr. 1 Device for only $29.99... yup you read that right :)

Great Firewall and internet security, top-notch anti- virus/malware as well

13 hours ago, plb4333 said:

I'd like to add this, I got a really good deal getting {Kaspersky Internet Security 2018}  through a 3rd party seller. There's Total Security there as well. Just for reference, I got 1 yr. 1 Device for only $29.99... yup you read that right :)

Great Firewall and internet security, top-notch anti- virus/malware as well

That's a pretty good deal. :)

2 hours ago, milo_ja said:

That's a pretty good deal. :)

Indubitably.  :)

Shouting best deals from third party sellers is off topic for this forum, so one post was edited and  this topic thread is amicably closed. :)