DLRX

"Perform Windows Update Synchronization" fills up server HDD space

1 minute ago, DLRX said:

I will get those trace files for you, probably tomorrow.

Regarding the tasks, do you mean "Install update" or "install required update and fix vulnerabilities"?

Those are actually the same task type.  Picking an update from the list and choosing "Install update - Create task" will start a wizard to create an "Install Required Updates and Fixed Vulnerabilities" task, only with its scope limited to a single item. Such a task increases the storage size by the size of its applicable scope (the actual update contents are downloaded upon request sent by Windows Update Agent and kept per task; they expire and are removed after 30 days of not being requested). This is planned to be optimized to one instance of an update per server in KSC 11.

If, taken this schema in mind, the traffic still appears anomalous, please provide mentioned traces (if the scenario is as suggested), or provide more information about the number of tasks used, how many updates are actually applicable on hosts etc.

Thank you.

Well my server (VM) died "Disk I/O error" (this is a virtual disk, not a physical one). Built a new VM server to host Kaspersky Security Centre from scratch, this issue hasn't reappeared...

The problem seems to have appeared on the new server :-/

I have created a new support request with the GSI report: INC000008544608

3 hours ago, DLRX said:

On the plus side it is no longer downloading language packs.

The support engineer is expecting your reply in the incident. Please proceed with resolving within CompanyAccount, or close the incident in order to proceed on the forum. Note the suggestions above in my reply above in the latter case.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.