Out of curiosity I ran wf.msc on my windows 10 pc and noticed something strange.  It said that Kaspersky Internet Suite was in control of the settings.  In both domain and private sectors it said that Windows Defender Firewall was on.  My question is this:  does KIS have its own firewall in it's app or does it use windows firewall and just controls those settings?  TIA, Richard

Welcome to the user forum!

Kaspersky Internet Security has its own firewall.  If Windows Defender is running, you should disable it.

To disable Windows Defender:

> Type in the search box "MSCONFIG"
> Disable WD at Startup
> Disable WD in the Services

> Reboot

Firewall.JPG

Edited by dh27564

Thanks for quick reply dh27564.  I'm just trying to make sure that only KIS firewall is loaded.  When I go to control pane>system and security>security and maintenance and click on security tab it shows that KIS is the network firewall that is on.  When I click 'view installed firewall apps' it shows KIS on and WD off as shown in screenshot(14).  But when I go to control paned>system and security> windows defender firewall and click advanced settings, it displays a yellow banner with the following:  These settings are being managed by vendor application Kaspersky Internet Suite.  But just below that it shows that under domain, private and public profiles that Windows Defender Firewall is ON on all three. Like I said I just want to be sure that only one firewall is loaded and it's KIS.  TIA, Richard

Screenshot (14)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (12)_LI.jpg

After disabling Defender within the program, and then disabling by way of Services, did you then restart the computer before noticing this?

Hello @rchelm

If you want to change firewall configuration.. clic 1

Sorry, my system in spanish.

firewall.jpg

Edited by JFNoda

4 hours ago, rchelm said:

Thanks for quick reply dh27564.  I'm just trying to make sure that only KIS firewall is loaded.  When I go to control pane>system and security>security and maintenance and click on security tab it shows that KIS is the network firewall that is on.  When I click 'view installed firewall apps' it shows KIS on and WD off as shown in screenshot(14).  But when I go to control paned>system and security> windows defender firewall and click advanced settings, it displays a yellow banner with the following:  These settings are being managed by vendor application Kaspersky Internet Suite.  But just below that it shows that under domain, private and public profiles that Windows Defender Firewall is ON on all three. Like I said I just want to be sure that only one firewall is loaded and it's KIS.  TIA, Richard

Screenshot (14)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (12)_LI.jpg

This is as it should be. Kaspersky is taking care of Firewall duty, but it will always say in the fields you've screen shotted, that the Windows Defender Firewall is on.

Previous to the current Windows version, it was simply called the Windows Firewall. All is good, so don't worry.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.