Sign in to follow this  
men_paddy

KES uninstall & install problems

Good morning,

I needed to uninstall KES to install another software, so I decided to make a uninstallation task for KES, install the third-party software and install KES again. 

Unfortunately I have the problem that the uninstallation of KES does not remove the software completely (I guess), because I got an error when installing KES again.

The ways I tried:

- Removed KES on client via remote task for uninstall KES SP2 -> the task apparently removed KES, but installation of KES did not work (see error code). After running the Kaspersky removal tool accordingly, the installation worked

- Tried the removal tool directly without a uninstallation task -> same error. After running the removal tool a second time, the installation worked

Thats the error I got in both cases (translated from german to english, so might not be the correct syntax):

Zitat

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 2 for Windows (10.3.0.6294): Remote-Installation finished with Error: -1073741819

As I said, after running the uninstallation of KES a second time, the installation of KES worked.

So you have any guess why the uninstallation & installation did not work? Of course I made restarts during this process.

Thanks in advance!

Hello. 

Please provide GSI report with all options enabled from affected PC. We will need to look into installation logs. 

Hi,

Check system event viewer for > Windows logs > application > MsiInstaller as source, then copy the description here.

if the description was ""Failed to unload from RAM", it means the uninstallation process was unable to kill AVP.exe Process on the system.

you need to turn off "Self-Defence" first, run this command on the system then start uninstallation: taskkill /f /im avp.exe .

if there are many systems having this problem, create a batch file and add it to KSC, create an installation task for your batch file, run it on issued systems, then go for uninstallation.

Best

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.