Leo Chan

NA 10.4.343 act as Update Agent but cannot download update for the subnet and the Endpoint installed on the Update Agent

Hello,

Is it NA 10.4.343 cannot be an update agent with KSC 10.4.343?

My scenario:

KSC: 10.4.343

Client Side:

NA: 10.4.343 

Endpoint: 10.3.0.6294

The problem:

When the client was assigned as a update agent, it cannot download anything from KSC and the working folder just has 27.x KB.

It also cause all of the client in the update agent scope cannot update.

image.png.67fd23bb6eeb6c77f845af7de4d4ee40.png

And the Endpoint cannot update itself when the client act as Update Agent and always said "Update files are corrupted".

image.png.0a27c985408dd9abcac81b8660a0b726.png

However, after downgrade the Network Agent to 10.2.434, all of the update back to normal.

image.png.4c2cdd094435e298b01de8566aeba0b5.png

image.png.20db3f3c9895115a626f00a8eb676768.png

Kind Regards,

Leo

Hello,

please install the latest network agent.

Did you install patch A for KSC server and agents ?

Attach klnagchk report from the problem machine.

Thank you.

Hello,

Which version is the latest network agent?

Since the KSC is production server, not yet install the patch A.

The following is the result of klnagchk of the Update Agent Machine.

image.png.e9a5eac4d09456b42cb3b9ed1b7ef3c6.png

Leo

The latest version is the same one for KSC server.

Patch A is stable and recommended for production environment.

Please attach klnagchk from the machine which cannot get updates from the problem update agent.

Thank you.

Hi,

I also face kind of this problem too after update KSC to SP2 MR1. All the update agents are stopped working.

And now I update the Patch A on both Administrator server and client NetAgent, but the Update task still fails as below:

Update task complete. Administration Server connection error: failed to retrieve file due a transport error. Error code: 50

UpdateAgent_Error.jpg

Hi all,

After patched the KSC to 10.4.343 SF1, the problem seems fixed now.

Thanks a lot.

Hi puthearith070,

After patch the KSC, I have faced the same problem and then remove the update agent from the list and add it again, the problem solved, you can have a try.

Leo

Hi all,

I found the problem same as before in this morning. After remove the update agent from the list and add it again, it resume to normal.

After checking the update agent, I found the Network Agent was updated from 10.4.343 to 10.4.343 SF1. Seems the update agent role need to reset after the network agent was updated.

Leo

2 hours ago, Leo Chan said:

Hi all,

I found the problem same as before in this morning. After remove the update agent from the list and add it again, it resume to normal.

After checking the update agent, I found the Network Agent was updated from 10.4.343 to 10.4.343 SF1. Seems the update agent role need to reset after the network agent was updated.

Leo

Thank you for information.

Hi all,

After a few days update, seems the symptom come back again. The following screen capture from the update agent and enclosed the klnagchk for reference.

image.png.2305f1898fd6f6b76f75697d5a00e4f0.png

image.png.93f4793f1c6577446ba0648c4e20d451.png

The whole scope just updated on 11/11/2017

image.png.0c2cd446bec6c691d9c6b40d549287de.png

Please help to check the problem, I have downgrade the network agent to 10.2.434e again to prevent the pattern update stopped.

Leo

C05107_klnagchk.txt

Edited by Leo Chan