Yasir Shehzad

Maximum object size to scan "Kaspersky Security for Exchange Servers"

Dears,

can you please update  that what is the "Maximum object size to scan"  we can do for the Anti Virus feature for the Kaspersky Security for Exchange.

There is an option for the settings of AntiSpam and Phishing in the Hub and Transport Role but I cannot find the settings for the Anti Virus.

So whether the Anti Virus will be take the settings of the Anti Spam and Phishing Options or it will be scan the files irrespective of the file size.

Regards,

Yasir

Maximum object size to scan

Dear,

I did checked the guide before posting the article. the guide mention only for Anti Spam and Phishing but nothing for the Anti Virus. below is from guide.

My question is simple "whether the Anti Virus will be take the settings of the Anti Spam and Phishing Options or it will be scan the files irrespective of the file size."?

The maximum size of a message being scanned for spam and phishing together with all attachments (kilobytes). If the message size together with all attachments exceeds the value in the entry field, the application delivers the message to the recipient without scanning it for spam and phishing.

The default value is 1,536 KB (1.5 MB). The maximum value is 20480 KB (20 MB), and the minimum value is 1 KB.

2 hours ago, meyasir588 said:

Any update on the subject query?

Hello,

https://help.kaspersky.com/KS4Exchange/9.4/en-US/18757.htm

Attachment size limit (MB)

Filtering attachments by size of the attachment file.

If this check box is selected, the spin box on the right is active. In this spin box, you can specify the maximum size of attached files sent in email messages. You can specify a size value from 1 to 999 MB. The default value is 20 MB. If the application detects attachments that exceed the specified size, it applies the action that has been configured in the filtering settings.

If this check box is cleared, the application does not filter attachment files by format.

The check box is cleared by default.

Is this information sufficient ?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Hello,

https://help.kaspersky.com/KS4Exchange/9.4/en-US/18757.htm

Attachment size limit (MB)

Filtering attachments by size of the attachment file.

If this check box is selected, the spin box on the right is active. In this spin box, you can specify the maximum size of attached files sent in email messages. You can specify a size value from 1 to 999 MB. The default value is 20 MB. If the application detects attachments that exceed the specified size, it applies the action that has been configured in the filtering settings.

If this check box is cleared, the application does not filter attachment files by format.

The check box is cleared by default.

Is this information sufficient ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My question is not for the attachment filtering, my question is for the Anti Virus component in the Kaspersky Security for Exchange.

What is the maximum object scan limit for the Anti Virus component in KSE or there is no limit and it will scan all the files irrespective of the size.

I hope above will not create any other confusion.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, meyasir588 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My question is not for the attachment filtering, my question is for the Anti Virus component in the Kaspersky Security for Exchange.

What is the maximum object scan limit for the Anti Virus component in KSE or there is no limit and it will scan all the files irrespective of the size.

I hope above will not create any other confusion.

Thank you.

There is no size limitation for file AV component.

Adjusting of size limitation is available for other KSE components.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.