bryan267

Anti-Banner & Web Anti-Virus blocking digital certification

I have just upgraded to Internet security 18, and now two components are blocking the use of a digital certificate published by Origo under the trading name Unipass, used for secure access to financial websites in the UK, such as Standard Life in internet explorer 11 under windows 10. In the past I have simply disabled antibanner. However this time Web Antivirus also blocks the pop up of the digital certificate authority acceptance window, which I need to click. If I add unipass web address to manage exclusions, which might only allow unipass website to test the certificate works, rather than the financial websites themselves, it still blocks the pop up, and adding to trusted URL's also fails to allow the pop up. If I uncheck all other additional security features on Kaspersky advanced settings it still blocks it. The only way to allow it is to disable web antivirus, which leaves me wondering what I just paid for. I have added the digital certificate to trusted root authorities, trusted publishers.  I have also added unipass web address from the top of the pop up window to allowed banners and websites with allowed banners, still blocks it. 

Any advice please?

Correction to my post immediately above.

I can get Kaspersky Small Office Security 5 to work with digital certificates published by Origo (i.e. work as in allow the digital certificate authority acceptance window to pop up) so long as I:

a. disable 'Anti-Banner'

b. Use Web Anti-Virus>Advanced Settings>Configure Trusted URLs> and add all web urls for that financial website addresses to the Trusted URLs list.

However,  like you Bryan, I too wonder what I'm paying for when I'm excluding perfectly useable sites from web anti-virus protection.

Hello,

Please do the following step to try to solve your problem:

Settings of product --> Addition --> Network--> Manage exclusions --> Add --> exzample.com --> OK --> Close all window of product --> Restart the browser, Any better after that?

Regards.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.