Sign in to follow this  
8bolt

unusual RD failure two different copies

Dear Kaspersky Labs,

I have successfully used KL RD V10 for years & have run up against a failure scenario that has stumped me.  On A HP DV6900 Laptop 2 different copies of RD boot successfully, then immediately claim corrupt databases. In the second case this was a brand new copy just burned on 10-29-17 with database content from 10-28.

Any Attempt to update the database results in an abort/file operation failure.  System Disk has aprox. 50GB of space available. Ram does not show any compromise.

Is there some latent awareness of Kaspersky on a compromised computer under test, that prevents successful running, updating?

Why would a newly created cd show up with a corrupt database flag?,  This same complaint reports out on an earlier copy that is known good and used to recover other systems.

Any thoughts or ideas most welcome!!

8bolt......

Dear Kaspersky Labs,

I have successfully used KL RD V10 for years & have run up against a failure scenario that has stumped me.  On A HP DV6900 Laptop 2 different copies of RD boot successfully, then immediately claim corrupt databases. In the second case this was a brand new copy just burned on 10-29-17 with database content from 10-28.

Any Attempt to update the database results in an abort/file operation failure.  System Disk has aprox. 50GB of space available. Ram ( 3GB) does not show any compromise.

Is there some latent awareness of Kaspersky on a compromised computer under test, that prevents successful running, updating?

Why would a newly created cd show up with a corrupt database flag?,  This same complaint reports out on an earlier copy that is known good and used to recover other systems.

Would removing the Kaspersky folder in Program Files and letting the RD re-create it help?

8bolt......

Dear Kaspersky Labs,

Any Attempt to update the database results in an abort/file operation failure.  System Disk has aprox. 50GB of space available. Ram ( 3GB) does not show any compromise.

Would removing the Kaspersky folder in Program Files and letting the RD re-create it help?

8bolt......

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.