wgcuser

Renewal of Barclays Bank UK Kaspersky AV Offer [merged]

Decided today that it was time to renew my KIS sub.

As in previous years went to Barclays on-line banking, found the appropriate page, selected Renew, entered email address and...

Error "Email not recognised". So try another... still not recognised.

Phone Barclays... 12 minutes later after security, entering sort codes, account no., being put on hold, I'm told "there are problems with the system".

In the end given an Activation Code verbally and email confirmation - great -  but what a faff !

2 hours ago, wgcuser said:

Decided today that it was time to renew my KIS sub.

As in previous years went to Barclays on-line banking, found the appropriate page, selected Renew, entered email address and...

Error "Email not recognised". So try another... still not recognised.

Phone Barclays... 12 minutes later after security, entering sort codes, account no., being put on hold, I'm told "there are problems with the system".

In the end given an Activation Code verbally and email confirmation - great -  but what a faff !

:rolleyes: So resolved the renewal of your KIS - Antivirus could you post back

to confirm that..?  just for the forum records thanks in advance

7 hours ago, Indio said:

:rolleyes: So resolved the renewal of your KIS - Antivirus could you post back

to confirm that..?  just for the forum records thanks in advance

Indio,

Posting made as a heads up to other Kaspersky users, via the Barclays Bank deal, who might be trying to renew, that process (at the moment) is not as straight forward as it first appears (IMHO).

Yes the matter did get resolved.

As I indicated I got the Activation Code during a telecon with the bank (and a following email).

I've now applied this to my KIS 2018 and await the ending of my current Activation in 30 days.

Previous experience the rollover to new code was without fault!

Barclays are no longer offering KIS due to the recent accusations that Kaspersky products are a front for Russian cyberspying (What a load of rubbish)

That Barclays haven't given their account holders a different anti-virus product as a replacement is telling. It seems more a cynical money saving exercise than concern about Russians under the beds, etc.

I heard there is a special offer, I don't see it anywhere. How do I go for it?

Barclays no longer give its customers a free KIS program as a perk.

Barclays Bank no longer offers a free 2 licence KIS quoting the stupid idea that as a Russian company it could be insecure, as if my current account would be of interest.

I really like KIS and would like to continue with it, the offer price when I go to the renew page is reasonable, I've looked on the web and  have seen a special offer of a £5.99 renewal for Barclays customers but can't find any other information.

As a tight Yorkshireman this looks like a good offer, could anyone point me to where I could take advantage of it, that's if it actually does exist.

Licence expires in 10 day so any information gratefully received.

Mike Swift

I think you may be referring to the now defunct special offer for Kaspersky Total Security for 5 devices that Barclays offered...

I've found this post on MSE Forums :-

Kaspersky Renewal 8th Feb 18 at 12:22 PM

I have just renewed my Kaspersky Internet Security.

As a returning Barclays customer I was given a promotional price of £4.99p however just as I was about to leave the site I was offered a further 10% making the total payable of £4.49p.

Which I consider excellent value for money for 12 months protection plus this is for 3 devices and for some unknown reason last year through Barclays it was only 2 devices.

Although not free as I had last year it is still excellent value for money.

Mike Swift

Follow up:-

I e-mailed Kaspersky yesterday and today got a reply, Barclays customers who had the free  KIS can get a licence for £4.99, beware it resets to 1 year when activated so any days left are lost.

They did send a link but I suspect it is specific to me so it might be better to e-mail them yourself if you want to take up the offer.

Well done Kaspersky for a quick reply, for what it's worth I think Barclays are concentrating more on increasing profits than protecting customers, the free KIS was a drop in the ocean to them especially as they pay no interest on our current accounts.

Hi All,

My KIS expires soon and now that Barclays no longer offer this to customers, I understood that we would be offered a reduced price but this has not happened.

Are any Kaspersky staff present here that could help with the discount?

I wondered about temporarily using Kaspersky free, but all I get is the option to download the software which I don't need to do as I already have it installed.

Is there is no way to downgrade my current software to the free edition?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, jamieukonline said:

Is there is no way to downgrade my current software to the free edition?

Hello @jamieukonline.

For install Kaspersky Free you must first uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security. 

Thanks for confirming.

That makes little sense though. If I have to uninstall KIS, then I may as well look at other offerings.

If I can pay discount for KIS or just enter free edition code, then I'll stick with Kaspersky