I know that this problem has been raised a year or two ago and was described as a "known issue" but I am receiving the same error message

"Certificate verification service is not available - (error )x000000ff) " as the previous posters but the twist is that the site in question is Nationwide Building Society internet banking.  I have used this site for many years and always use Kaspersky safe money without any problem for at least 4 years.

The error message happened for the first time today.  I phoned Nationwide who said that there are no problems at all with their security although they have recently had a slight increase and the fault lies with Kaspersky not them. Their certificate IS secure

I kept on using the site but had a yellow background instead of the usual green one and I wasn't happy..

I have checked for software updates and there aren't any.  I am using Internet Security 2017.

Many thanks in advance

I have checked using "services.msc" and it doesn't say enabled or disabled but says "started" and "automatic".  Does this answer the question, please?

8 hours ago, Legal Magpie said:

I have checked using "services.msc" and it doesn't say enabled or disabled but says "started" and "automatic".  Does this answer the question, please?

Hello,

Yes. What browser do you use in Safe Money function? 

Regards.

Usually Internet Explorer 11 of Chrome.  I have Windows 7 and this problem arises using both browsers. It only happens with Nationwide Building Society, not other banks where safe money still works fine.  

Sorry that should read "Internet Explorer 11 OR Google Chrome"

7 hours ago, Legal Magpie said:

Usually Internet Explorer 11 of Chrome.  I have Windows 7 and this problem arises using both browsers. It only happens with Nationwide Building Society, not other banks where safe money still works fine.  

Hello,

Could you provide the website url here or PM to me.

Regards.

On 2017/10/27 at 1:07 AM, Legal Magpie said:

Hello,

Windows 7 SP1 x86 or x64?

Regards.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.