lepphce1

Not Finding Windows Updates

Using Patch "A" for KSC 10 SP2 MR1...

I have multiple machines that are not finding Windows Updates, even after running the "Find Vulnerabilities and Applications updates" task.  It seems to find 3rd party apps but not Windows updates. The Find Vulnerabilities task completes successfully. Please advise.

11 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

Could you please clarify that windows update service is running at these  hosts?

Thank you!

Yes, the service is running. The service startup type is Manual (Trigger Start).

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Could you please clarify do you use KSC as WSUS? Or WSUS? Or all hosts updates by themselves?

Thank you!

Yes, we use KSC as WSUS, and all hosts update against KSC.

Thanks!

The machine I collected GSI for is running Windows 10 1703.

A few observations.

Windows 10 1607: 2017-10 Cumulative Update is being detected by all machines running that build.

Windows 10 1511 & 1703: 2017-10 CU is NOT being detected (or any other Windows/Microsoft updates, it appears).

Server 2016: no MS updates found.

Server 2012: 2017-10 .NET and IE 11 updates found, but not the 2017-10 roll-up.

I can confirm that KSC is aware of the 2017-10 roll-up for these builds (listed in "Software Updates" section), but does not find any applicable.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, lepphce1 said:

The machine I collected GSI for is running Windows 10 1703.

A few observations.

Windows 10 1607: 2017-10 Cumulative Update is being detected by all machines running that build.

Windows 10 1511 & 1703: 2017-10 CU is NOT being detected (or any other Windows/Microsoft updates, it appears).

Server 2016: no MS updates found.

Server 2012: 2017-10 .NET and IE 11 updates found, but not the 2017-10 roll-up.

I can confirm that KSC is aware of the 2017-10 roll-up for these builds (listed in "Software Updates" section), but does not find any applicable.

Thanks!

Please attach screenshots of Windows update synchronization task settings.

Thank you.

Here are the results, and available updates.

image.thumb.png.51020dbd5a0a16a484ed25328f36abab.png

image.thumb.png.fad85da07553a344874c1aafa05bd184.png

Thanks!

Edited by lepphce1

Hello,

what's the version of network agents ? Did you apply patch A for them ? Please attach "KL software report".

Please attach Windows Update log from one machine.

Thank you.

Send you

9 minutes ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Hello,

what's the version of network agents ? Did you apply patch A for them ? Please attach "KL software report".

Please attach Windows Update log from one machine.

Thank you.

Sent PM to you and KLCentralSupport. Yes, Patch A applied.

Thanks!

Edited by lepphce1

7 hours ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Please attach "KL software report".

we find many updates which were installed on the machine.

Please attach a screenshot of a needful update which is not applicable to the computer ( KSC console ) and screenshot of installed updates in the computer ( control panel, list of installed updates  )

Thank you.

Interesting, it appears that 2017-10 CU isn't showing up for Windows 10 1703 in available updates.. The Delta update is there, however, but is not applicable. As you can see, I'm up to date as of the Sept 25 update. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.a74682d0913d4135a3b58c92485f8152.png

image.thumb.png.9f73fd6c81f80c5f34c5a86ebe2d2073.png

Not to confuse the conversation to much, but it does appear the issue might be KSC not cataloging all available updates. Also not seeing any new updates for Windows Server 2016. As you can see, I've not received a CU since June. I have four (4) WS 2016 servers.

image.thumb.png.e884bd71105086fd742407fded0b518a.png

On 10/19/2017 at 4:12 PM, lepphce1 said:

Not to confuse the conversation to much, but it does appear the issue might be KSC not cataloging all available updates. Also not seeing any new updates for Windows Server 2016. As you can see, I've not received a CU since June. I have four (4) WS 2016 servers.

image.thumb.png.e884bd71105086fd742407fded0b518a.png

Hello.

Please clarify what you are checking update applicability against. Is it possible to cross-check hosts with the local Windows update list?

There have been known certain updates that were not possible to distribute via KSC due to Microsoft specifics. However, if an item shows up on the list, its applicability should be actual. Please clarify if there are any discrepancies on that.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

Hello.

Please clarify what you are checking update applicability against. Is it possible to cross-check hosts with the local Windows update list?

There have been known certain updates that were not possible to distribute via KSC due to Microsoft specifics. However, if an item shows up on the list, its applicability should be actual. Please clarify if there are any discrepancies on that.

Thank you.

Even if I have _no_ applicable machines for an update, it should appear in the available updates list, correct (not assigned/to be installed)? In any case, I have a hundred machines that should have Win10/Server 2016 2017-10 CU update applicable, and it is not showing up anywhere in the software updates section.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.