Dartz

kaspersky exstension disappeared from Firefox

For your information Firefox automatically removes plug-ins that is not compatible with with the updated version of Firefox.

Even though the Kaspersky plug-in is not installed you are still protected.

Hi Dartz if is regedit hard to use still u can use some free software for ex. Wise plugin manager for turning on/off or removing browser plug-ins, add-ons and extensions. Try it :)

12 hours ago, kojo+oi said:

For your information Firefox automatically removes plug-ins that is not compatible with with the updated version of Firefox.

Even though the Kaspersky plug-in is not installed you are still protected.

i had an old firefox version for keep extensios but still kaspersky extension disappeared still no understand btw why the icon remains

3 hours ago, Daudi said:

Hi Dartz if is regedit hard to use still u can use some free software for ex. Wise plugin manager for turning on/off or removing browser plug-ins, add-ons and extensions. Try it :)

yeah is hard find the right strings for delete the icon , and the plugin menager is for remove plugins / extension / addon  but i have no more the extension now just the icon sadly this image show it clearly...is really strange this has happened also this shown how the icon no longer work if clicked just open a grey window..maybe i shouldn't tried to install again the extension at least icon wouldn't appeared "bugged"  and if i remember correctly when the extension was here the icon was called kaspersky protection and now seems his name is msg toolbar button text this is strange too... thanks for reply guys MdK2SG2.jpg

Edited by Dartz

If I have 'Private Surfing" and 'AdProtection' turned off, does the plugin even do anything, other than than the URL checker? (I'm asking because as of now, the Kaspersky Protection plugin is the only plugin I have which does not support the multicore function in Firefox.)

Edited by SwedishDragon

5 hours ago, SwedishDragon said:

If I have 'Private Surfing" and 'AdProtection' turned off, does the plugin even do anything, other than than the URL checker? (I'm asking because as of now, the Kaspersky Protection plugin is the only plugin I have which does not support the multicore function in Firefox.)

Also, I am having a weird problem with iFrames not loading, but only in specific situations concerning multi-processing and uBlock Origins (who are aware that there are

bugs with iFrame)

I'm having problems with a certain website (security-related, so I don't want to talk too much about it) and on that website there is a menu to the left of the screen

where one can choose different tabs, and when clicking one of these tabs, the tab does not load (or loads to a blank white page instead of what it was supposed to

load), but the rest of the page is intact, and after some testing i found out the following:

Multiprocess (e10s) of Firefox is not enabled, Kaspersky Protection Plugin (Updated though I am using KIS2017, not 18) is enabled, and uBlock Origin is enabled

(though inactive at the website in question) = iFrame problems.

Multiprocess OFF, Kaspersky Protection ON, uBlock Origin ON = iFrame problems.
Multiprocess OFF,
Kaspersky Protection OFF, uBlock Origin ON = iFrame problems.
Multiprocess OFF, Kaspersky Protection ON, uBlock Origin OFF = No problems.
Multiprocess OFF, Kaspersky Protection OFF, uBlock Origin OFF = No problems.

Multiprocess ON, Kaspersky Protection OFF, uBlock Origin ON = No problems.
Multiprocess ON, Kaspersky Protection OFF, uBlock Origin OFF = No problems.

Multiprocess FORCED ON, Kaspersky Protection ON, uBlock Origin ON = No problems.
Multiprocess FORCED ON, Kaspersky Protection ON, uBlock Origin OFF = No problems.

Judging by this it would seem that uBlock Origin is not working correctly when Multiprocess is disabled, but on the other hand Kaspersky Protection is supposedly not

compatible with the Multiprocess function, and while it can be forced, it is usually not recommended.

So I guess my questions are these:

1. If I disable the Kaspersky Protection plugin, will it still block access to malicious webpages? (You know, like when a popup shows up in the task bar that notifies

the user about KIS blocking a script or a malicious webpage.)

2. Is the Kaspersky plugin really incompatible with the Multiprocess function, also, is there a risk to forcing the multiprocess function to be active, and still have the supposedly incompatible plugin active?

3. Will the Kaspersky Plugin for Firefox be updated to support Multiprocessing, also, when will it be updated to the new addon system?
 a. Does the plugin for the KIS2018 version of the program meet one (or both) of the above criterium? (If different versions of KIS even use different browser plugins, that is), or will there be an update to the plugin in the foreseeable future that makes the plugin meet one or both of these criterium? (Which would make upgrading to KIS2018 feel viable.)

Hope I made my case clear enough. :)

I came to this topic because I had a similar problem with IE (Internet Explorer) The Kaspersky protection icon wasn't appearing in my Toolbar of my browser window. I checked "manage add-ons" but it wasn't appearing in the list. I tried using this forum search but it gave me no good results but this thread/topic.

My Google search provided my first real help, it pointed me to the right Kaspersky page, a support article page, the link is:

https://support.kaspersky.com/general/safemoney/12782

Title: How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox

I followed the instruction but still couldn't see the Kaspersky Protection icon at the top of the browser window. I went into "manage add-ons" and now I could see the extension was installed now ! I was puzzled as to why I wasn't getting the icon at the top of my browser window.

I then right-clicked above the "command bar" of IE and now I saw "Kaspersky Protection Toolbar" item that I needed to select for the icon to show.

Hope this helps you in some manner with Firefox. I also hope this will help others with IE who come stumbling into this topic you started Dartz

How to get Kaspersky Protection Icon to show in IE.JPG

8 hours ago, kis2009-007 said:

I came to this topic because I had a similar problem with IE (Internet Explorer) The Kaspersky protection icon wasn't appearing in my Toolbar of my browser window. I checked "manage add-ons" but it wasn't appearing in the list. I tried using this forum search but it gave me no good results but this thread/topic.

My Google search provided my first real help, it pointed me to the right Kaspersky page, a support article page, the link is:

https://support.kaspersky.com/general/safemoney/12782

Title: How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox

I followed the instruction but still couldn't see the Kaspersky Protection icon at the top of the browser window. I went into "manage add-ons" and now I could see the extension was installed now ! I was puzzled as to why I wasn't getting the icon at the top of my browser window.

I then right-clicked above the "command bar" of IE and now I saw "Kaspersky Protection Toolbar" item that I needed to select for the icon to show.

Hope this helps you in some manner with Firefox. I also hope this will help others with IE who come stumbling into this topic you started Dartz

sadly no work but i think the problem was different , you haven't the icon , i have the icon not functional and no add ons , hope something get fixed in a new patch at least...