Dartz

kaspersky exstension disappeared from Firefox

why today the kaspersky protection is disappeared on my firefox'? no changes was made on my computer...my kaspersky internet security btw is the 2016 , hope to be able to regain the extension without need to re install my kis , thanks

Kaspersky Version 2016 is old. 

Please see the second pinned topic for instructions to download and install Kaspersky version 2018. 

Uninstall Kaspersky version 2017 > reboot, then install Kaspersky version 2018. 

After you install Kaspersky version 2018, activate with your current activation code > do a databases update > reboot.

Any better with the current version?

is old but still supported so i wanna stay on this version but i need to know how bring back the extension if is possible , thanks

i will wait also some answers here just in case in the other link not get answer , btw is strange the extension disappeared from firefox whit no motivation  , also i noticed from 16.0.1.445 (h) changed to 16.0.1.445 (i) and i doubt there is a correlation of his disappearance and the patch upgrade , if anyone also in this forum  know why this happened and also how bring back extension please let me know , thanks

Hi Dartz try look to Kaspersky install folder and find FFExt directory there is subdir light_firefox_plugin with addon.xpi file its a firefox extension of Kaspersky protection u can install from ff manually

since i never installed manually anything on firefox can you tell me how do this ? and if possible can you tell me also if you know why the extension disappeared since the extension was already installed ? thank you

thanks , do you know also why the extension already installed disappeared ? at least for avoid to appen again...

hmm dont know why some viruses maybe? Anyway u can check your settings in Advanced settings of Web Anti-Virus tab look at picture

kaspersky_protection.jpg

the option on the image is acivated and don't think is because of virus since kaspersky should block them before infection and is green ( on another topic i've asked about a virus but never got an real answer for know if my pc got infected... ) i will try again the install of the extension and hope this time will stay...thank you very much for the answers

ok np you are welcome maybe u have some other security software installed which may maybe block or dont allow install extensions into web browsers for ex. Comodo firewall is one of them

12 hours ago, Dartz said:

is old but still supported so i wanna stay on this version but i need to know how bring back the extension if is possible , thanks

Why would you want to stay on an old version, when upgrading to improved protection with 2018 which is free by the way, would have probably fixed your issue.

Edited by Fenderman1

2018 need service pack 2 and like i said on another topic don't want upgrade the service packs and i explaimed why too , if a version is still supported it should not create any problem , no i don't have other security software , i tried to reinstall the extension btw and now i have this problem MdK2SG2.jpg

the eye icon appear whit grey window and still no extension is shown on extensions , how can i solve this please ?

Edited by Dartz

Hi Dartz hmm looks strange. 1. here you have version Kaspersky Internet security 16.0.1. 445 what u mentioned from filehippo ~ 2. Maybe you must reinstall your Firefox. Try some steps and let us know whether something changed or whether it works pls

Edited by richbuff
Please do not link to installers from unofficial sources.

yeah the version is 16.0.1. 445 and the extensions  worked fine on 16.0.1.445 (h) and disappeared on 16.0.1.445 (i) , if a solution is found whitout a reinstall please let me know , thank you again for the answers

:ph34r: Viewing the latest questions on the KIS=Kaspersky Internet Security : Found this -1

posted by Dartz and If he let Me..I'd like to recommend or better said it Support

the advice of "richbuff & Fenderman1 to install the KIS - 2018" if you decide

to download it do So from this link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2018

If don't want to jump to the KIS-2018 : Install the KIS - 2017 from the next

Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/kis2017  : Just a reminder to avoid

Re-Enter the Subscription info. Save it when Uninstall the KIS - 2016 and

after finish installing any version, make a Manual update and Full scan

Finally with the lost Kaspersky Protection extension >>Follow the "Daudy" fix

uninstall - Reinstall Firefox and when you reopen it FFox will offer you

to Enable the Kaspersky protection extension. Just click the

notification and follow steps & Done deal ..Report results

i wannastay on the 2016 since is still supported but need the solution for this extension whitout reinstall firefox or kis , for example do you know if is possible unistall and reinstall just the extension ? if yes how ? thank you for the answer

Edited by Dartz

Endless circular topic with  Version 16 has reached its logical conclusion via amicable closure. Please continue with Tech Support. :)

first of all thank you richbuff to have open again my topic , for my problem since i'm not able to recover the extension i wanna ask if someone know at least how remove the icon since whitout extension is no longer needed and no longer work ( as you see on the image it only open a grey window ) thank you in advance

Hi Dartz hmm so sad to hear this (ff extension dont work). If you mean remove Kaspersky protection icon from ff then you can open registry editor regedit.exe and find this string " light_firefox_plugin " be aware look at correct path (where is Kaspersky installed) and remove all these strings restart comp and Kaspersky extension icon dissapeared from ff.

yeah the icon alone not longer needed since extension don't want reappear even after trying to reinstall it manually... i will try this for remove the icon  , hope it work  , thank you very much for the reply

On 9/20/2017 at 7:56 PM, Dartz said:

why today the kaspersky protection is disappeared on my firefox'? no changes was made on my computer...my kaspersky internet security btw is the 2016 , hope to be able to regain the extension without need to re install my kis , thanks

Hi as well,,,,,

To get the Kaspersky protection plugin back in Firefox you need to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 like instructed by "richbluff" and other Kaspersky helpers.

There is no issues updating from 2016 to 2018 version.

You can upgrade in thirty minutes if you do it from your My Kaspersky Portal.

You always need latest version to be protected with all devices and apps installed.

Its that simple just follow instructions and your plugin will appear again.

but the extension/plugin from the old version shouldn't disappear with no motivation and since i tried to reinstall it should appear again but only icon showed up , and if i'm not mistaken kaspersky internet security 2016 is still supported , i've read many user at moment had problrm on 2018 ( and i can't install it on my service pack 1 like i said time ago ) and some users on 2017 too had problems , thats why for now i prefer stuck with 2016 and since supported i hoped all worked fine extension included...btw seems delete the icon is hard with regedit too...