tom@reeleezee.nl

Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000063.

Hi,

On some of out server i see a lot of events "Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000063.", actually from the statics of these servers it seems KSN request never succeed from these servers.

The strange thing is we have 16  of this kind of servers (databases servers) configured exactly alike and about half of these servers show this messages while te other half does not have issues connecting to the KSN proxy.

Als servers use KasperskySecurity 10 for Windows Server, version 10.0.0.486, and all have Critical fix Productcore 13 (KB13463) installed

All server use the same policy and the same ksc server / ksn proxy

I have checked communication from al servers to the ksn proxy on port 13000, and al server can reach this port. within i look with a network monitor i can see (TLS) traffic flowing from all servers to the KSC server on port 13000. so network config seem not to be an issue.

what could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Tom

I have dubble-checked this on a working server.

On the working server i see traffic from the kavfswp.exe process to the KSC server on port 13111

on the problem server i don't see any network traffic from the kavfswp.exe process at all

Kind regards,

Tom

I am experiencing the same problems / some servers are fine, some report the errors in KSC.  Having reboot another one recently (which was not reporting the problem) this is now reporting KSN failures!

In that case please collect KES terces sumultaneously with wireshark logs while issue reoccurs.

Please use any file sharing resource to upload traces and provide us with a link.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

In that case please collect KES terces sumultaneously with wireshark logs while issue reoccurs.

Please use any file sharing resource to upload traces and provide us with a link.

Thank you!

Logs, Screenshots, Traces, GSI and Wireshark data have been uploaded to UK Support FTP under call INC000008037661

Interestingly the errors disappear if the KSN Proxy Service is restarted, reapear if the endpiint is rebooted and disapear if the KSN Proxy Service is then restarted again on the KSC. we are running the beta patch a.  

I was just trying to create the wireshark taces, but found i was not able to reproduce the problem anymore on this server (RLZ-P-DB112) anymore.

From the logs it seems the problem disapeared right after creating te tracefiles.

I still see the problem on other server, but as these server are running in production, i'm not allowed to install wireshark.

Kind regards,

Tom

I just confirmed on 2 other servers, starting KES tracelogs will stop the errormessage from appearing. after stopping the trace the errormessage also does not reappear

so it seems it is not possible to reproduce the error with tracelogs enabled

Kind Regards

Tom

3 hours ago, uk-heliman said:

Logs, Screenshots, Traces, GSI and Wireshark data have been uploaded to UK Support FTP under call INC000008037661

Interestingly the errors disappear if the KSN Proxy Service is restarted, reapear if the endpiint is rebooted and disapear if the KSN Proxy Service is then restarted again on the KSC. we are running the beta patch a.  

I have also restarted the KSN proxy server, but this did not stop the error mesaages from appearing

2 hours ago, uk-heliman said:

with loggin enabled, try restarting the server - thats how I got my server to error once again. 

My server are production database server running about 4000 production databases, so rebooting is not really an option outside a maintenance window.

I will try to arrange something next week if still necessary

11 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Please await for an answer within INC000008037661 shortly.

Hi Nikolay,

INC000008037661 has been created by uk-heliman, how can i access the information?

Kind regards,

Tom

On ‎16‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

As far as I can see in the incident, a link to the FTP server has been sent to you. 

Please check your mail. 

Thanks!

Hi,

INC000008037661 has not been created uk-heliman and not by me, so this e-mail is send to hem en not to me.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi

I still do not have the information from this topic, probably is has been send to the owner of INC000008037661 (not me)

Can someone please send me the info or ftp link

Kind regards,

Tom

33 minutes ago, tom@reeleezee.nl said:

Hi

I still do not have the information from this topic, probably is has been send to the owner of INC000008037661 (not me)

Can someone please send me the info or ftp link

Kind regards,

Tom

The incident in question is still being investigated. These are customer-specific and not public.
If you wish to further the resolution, you can also create an incident regarding this topic.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

The incident in question is still being investigated. These are customer-specific and not public.
If you wish to further the resolution, you can also create an incident regarding this topic.

Thank you.

ok, I have now created incident INC000008281547

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi,

I noticed 1 remarkable fact, maybe it’s not important, but I want to shared it.

We have 16 database server in production, configured exactly the same way (installed from an image).

Half of the server are Dell PowerEdge 720xd hardware, the other half of the servers are Dell PowerEdge 730xd hardware (newer generation).

All 730xd servers seem to have this issue but I haven’t seen de issue on any of the 720xd servers.

@uk-heliman : Are you seeing this issue on a particular type of hardware?

Hi Tom,

We are a HP house and have this installed on 10 G9 servers all the same model, different specs (processor/memory) some are working fine smne are reporting KSN failures. Its possible that the network firmware/drivers are slightly different across the servers I will check this leter today, but we have the same hardware.

We also utilise Server 2016 and team our interfaces.

The finding I mentioned (re restarting the KSN proxy) was short lived, as the problems returned and restarting it did not make any difference second time around!  What manufacturer/model are you network devices in the 730xd?

Sean 

Edited by uk-heliman

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.