demt

"secure connection not available" [merged]

4 hours ago, The Rick said:

I was fine when first arrive in UK. Now after four days, I too cannot get secure connect to work, even if selecting UK. Additionally, device drivers have been installed, and my versions of Thunderbird and Firefox also replaced. So, MI5 busy? :^)  They are catching up with NSA in capabilities I think.

20171008 17:32 London Time. Post Script. Reinstalled thee Secure Connect, while in UK, and about an hour later it began to work again, however, the only two locations I could go to were RUSSIA and USA. (I chose USA wher I am visitng from. To me this means NSA still wants to track and read my stuff, and that NSA has an understanding with UK to "make it so". Deep State stuff.   And along the way I did see a message I think from Kapersky, that some locals had restrictions to use the VPN only for authorized use, but did not explain what was authorized, but when Secure Connect came back on online it was obvious. For me at least, "authorized" means Russia or USA.

1 hour ago, baa humbug said:

I now have Usa working, but thats all that is showing

Welcome .   
?  In the limited  mode the option of selecting the connection location is unavailable  ?

Just put my laptop back on and I now have it working - very limited with the option of USA only. Not a happy chap :-(

58 minutes ago, Bob Mc said:

Just put my laptop back on and I now have it working - very limited with the option of USA only. Not a happy chap :-(

I've just exited the program and opened it again and I now have a full list of countries...fingers crossed!

Anyone have an idea, is this upset regarding lack of contact through VPN service worldwide political, technical, or both?  Is this a technical bug in the machine?  Or is it a bug in surveillance by governments? As an American I am now in a country that is divided in discourse by such and extent that we are reverting to "tribes", and I have zero confidence or belief in anything government is saying, or mass media either. Are VPN capabilities under political "attack"? I heard recently NSA in America wants VPN "outlawed".

13 hours ago, The Rick said:

I was fine when first arrive in UK. Now after four days, I too cannot get secure connect to work, even if selecting UK. Additionally, device drivers have been installed, and my versions of Thunderbird and Firefox also replaced. So, MI5 busy? :^)  They are catching up with NSA in capabilities I think.

20171009 04:33 London Time  ALL's WELL.  I followed up your suggestion that closing and restarting would result in restoration of all sites, and it worked. This was probably a "coding improvement" that Kapersky made, that did not work out well, and they restored functionality by reverting to a back up to previous state. When I closed the program using Task Manager I noted that three instances of Secure Connection were running simultaneously.  Kaspersky will learn that making changes requires a mirror testing base of limited scope to run the tested "improvements" locally for a while before switching to the "improved" code world wide. :^)

Mine hasn't worked since Sunday! It did stay on for about 5 minutes when I turned on the computer, but since then it hasn't worked.

My KSC stopped working yesterday.... will not connect but keeps trying. Cannot change any settings on it either! Frustrating!!!

20171009 4:49 pm London time

Mine is now working well again. You need to be patient because w=once you make the fix, it takes Kapersky a bit of time tuning it by remote while you are on the net. Kaspersky is a great organization, and they are on the right side of the fence, yours. (I do miss their IP blocker  though!)

The FIX is: Using a downloaded version of Secure Connect download package, fresh perhaps if you have not already saved it in your off line thumb drive or whatever, close existing instance with Windows Task Manager (right click the task bar anywhere along screen bottom, then choose Task Manager, find Secure Connect and end task). Then reinstall and you should be back in business after a bit of back and forth in the background partition as they call it on the web, and a restart of two. Have patience.

Good Luck!

I'm In Lewiston,Maine USA Experiencing Same Problem With Kaspersky secure connection.  secure connection is not available Check Your Internet Connection & Try Again, My Wife connection is working fine. tried rebooting wifi & laptop 3 different times. secure connection on my laptop windows 10 not working receiving secure connection is not available Check Your Internet Connection & Try Again

I'm in south east of Spain, and KSeC is working fine again in the 2 systems where I got issues some days ago...

Also and in addition to harlan , KSC in the north of Belgium working fine.

i'm in lewiston,maine usa; I'm not tech Savvy at all. i'm experiencing the same issue as everybody else here kaspersky secure connect is not availabe; check your internet connection and try again. i have spectrum former time warner cable company with a new Wifi box thats operating fine. i have checked my internet connection, its operating like its suppose to. i'm not tech savvy & am having a very hard time with instructions to send report to technical support. i have the paid full version of kaspersky internet security for pc 2018

Nightowl: Solution seems to me ending the secure connect instance (active running of the program) using W10 Task Manager, and a reinstalling Secure Connect. To get back authorized status in Secure Connect once reinstalled try selecting "Subscription" from menu in Secure Connect, and then signing in on that secure connect screen at bottom.  Or if you do not see the days remaining for your subscription then you are back on line and up to date.  This will download the key and get you going again.

I suspected it might be a problem with UK interference, but due to noticing that it is everywhere including Spain, it might be NSA trying to selectively defeat certain people or certain countries.  There is a lot of background noise on the web as governments around the world attempt to "control" private communications on the net, which is, like Clinton said once, like "trying to nail jello to a wall."

Keep at it, be patient, and it will probably settle down in a day or two. Mine does seem to be up, but every so often turns itself off, or reverts to "automatic" and I need to manually go to my preferred country server.

When I am in USA (NH) I have noticed it goes to someplace on east coast under "Comcast" BEFORE going to an international server, which I thought might be NSA tagging who is using VPN and from where. Bottom line, many cooks in a [SPAM!!!] spoil the broth.

This war to reclaim 4th amendment respect is going to last some time, maybe years.

Well here in New York it STILL will not connect. It has been like this since Sunday! It is getting very annoying.

Hello all, 

If the issue persists, then please create a request to Tech support via my.kaspersky.com site and tell me your request number. 

In you request please provide us the following information:

1) Do you use free or premium version of KSeC? Does the issue appear if you try to logout from MyK account via KSeC?

2) What is your current location (country).

3) Have you tried to connect via all countries in the list? What was the result?

4) Have you tried to reinstsll KSeC?

5) Provide us GSI6 report: https://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632

6) Provide us traces (KSeC menu - Support - Support tools - Enable tracing with all level - Restart KSeC or PC - Reproduce the issue - Disable tracing). 

The traces will be saved here(win 7, 8, 10 ) C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\  

KSDE.18.0.0.405c_10.10_12.35_7304.SRV.log

KSDE.18.0.0.405c_10.10_12.35_11496.GUI.log

Thank you.

On 08/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, Berny said:

Welcome .   
?  In the limited  mode the option of selecting the connection location is unavailable  ?

yes limited mode and guess what, thats not working now

INC000008354961

Thank you.

Not connecting for me in, not since Sunday.  Located in the USA. Various attempts at reinstalls of different versions.

Attempted with Android version on my phone yesterday and did not have success either.

56 minutes ago, baa humbug said:

56 minutes ago, baa humbug said:

I'm now back working all countries. cheers whoever fixed

There is so much going on in the net, it is hard to diagnose problems and where they originate. Thanks for comments, very helpful. As of 20171011 11:35 pm London Secure Connect is working fine. Russian are fine programmers. They understand that "for every spell there is a counter spell"!

I had also some awful issues with what I thought was BIOS, and refusal of PC to boot.  That turned out to be a broken power button fitting on my Laptop, so it was a miserable 36 hours here. Had to take out power button strip, and I am now using Swiss Army knife though the power button slot on Inspiron 13 (7000 series) to just touch contacts with blade tip and turn on my machine. With that, and Kaspersky running again...happy camper.:rolleyes:

Most parts for these small format machines are available as replacements, and not hard to fix with looking for videos on U Tube.  Parts-People.com is one source.

Very useful forum!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.