I just tried to send an e-mail on thunderbird (latest) and I had an error message about the mail server giving false details or something (sorry not exact wording) and did i want to create a security exemption. I tried the 'search for certificate and then it failed and I can't find a way back to find the create exemption. When I tried to send an e-mail now it fails presumably as its being blocked by KIS. How do i get back and create the exemption

I have been having all sorts of problems (certificates / exceptions etc) with KIS 2018 and Thunderbird.

I have never had problems with any previous versions of KIS. I was considering going back to KIS 2017 but instead have now moved back to Outlook for my mail, which seemed the easier option!

I'm sure it will get sorted but for th time being it will do.

6 minutes ago, KINGARTHUR_64 said:

I have been having all sorts of problems (certificates / exceptions etc) with KIS 2018 and Thunderbird.

I have never had problems with any previous versions of KIS. I was considering going back to KIS 2017 but instead have now moved back to Outlook for my mail, which seemed the easier option!

I'm sure it will get sorted but for th time being it will do.

yeah '17 was fine 1st e-mail with #18 saw the problem - it obs checks the site certificate. given the mail svr i use is the uks largest i imagine this will see plenty of ppl with this issue

Import the Kaspersky root certificate in Thunderbird and it will work.
In my Windows 10 with KAF its found under
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP18.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer"
Your location and name may differ.

It's not just Thunderbird, I have had problems with 'certificates' for Netflix as well.

I believe there are ways around the issues (creating exceptions etc) but I don't have the time or inclination to sort these things out manually myself.

12 minutes ago, Horst_Epp said:

Import the Kaspersky root certificate in Thunderbird and it will work.
In my Windows 10 with KAF its found under
"C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP18.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer"
Your location and name may differ.

I can't I get this error message.

Untitled.jpg

Don't import it as personal certificate.
It had to imported it under Authorities and there is no private key required in this case.

26 minutes ago, Horst_Epp said:

Don't import it as personal certificate.
It had to imported it under Authorities and there is no private key required in this case.

what permissions did i need to give it - i set 'e-mail' only. SMTP server still failed. Ticked all and it worked. Interestingly it then asked me about exemptions Do i need exemptions as well? I said yes for now

Edited by Allsoulsday

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.