Alex Kaloust

network agent 10.2.434 fatal error during installation on windows server 2003 enterprise sp2

Hello sirs,

I am experiencing this error only on one of my windows server 2003 enterprise sp2 servers. I have tried the KAV removal tool and also the klif_x86_nt600. I have installed .net framework until 4.0 and microsoft installer 3.1 and the wic update also.

I need assistance in extracting installation log files since i dont know where they get stored.

Thank you in advance 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Alex Kaloust said:

Hello sirs,

I am experiencing this error only on one of my windows server 2003 enterprise sp2 servers. I have tried the KAV removal tool and also the klif_x86_nt600. I have installed .net framework until 4.0 and microsoft installer 3.1 and the wic update also.

I need assistance in extracting installation log files since i dont know where they get stored.

Thank you in advance

Hello.

Please clarify what you imply by "trying klif_x86_nt600". klif is a KES driver and is not required for Network Agent installation, which there is the issue with.

It is recommended to use the latest version of KSC where possible (10.2.434 currently has limited support). Note that, while KSC server 10.4.343 is incompatible with Windows Server 2003, the Network Agent is (note that the KSC server of the same version is still required for it to work).

Did an earlier version of the Network Agent exist on the host? Which was it?

Please provide a GSI report from the host to investigate further. The installation logs provided appear to be inconclusive of the cause of the error.

Thank you.

I have older version of ksc server and it works fine on all other win2003 servers. i recently installed internet explorer 7 because i had 6 i thought it might be the problem

Hi,

Please provide a GSI report from the host to investigate further.

You can use any file sharing resource and provide us with a link.

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Alex Kaloust said:

https://we.tl/pUlYvixxtb

hello i posted the link using wetransfer

Hello,

is it possible to install newer versions, e.g. 10.4.343.0 or 10.3.407.0 ?

is it possible to use OS newer 2003 ?

We see the same error in klnagent..log and klssinstlib.log :

Could not find domain controller for this domain

The similar error in System event log:

LDAP/server.Sharmetal.local/Sharmetal.local@SHARMETAL.LOCAL
Kerberos
"The attempted logon is invalid. This is either due to a bad username or authentication information.
 (0xc000006d)"

Could you check credentials for agent installation and name resolution for KSC server ?

Please check availability of DC for the problem machine.

Kindly ask you do not post logs as plain text, attachment is better.

Thank you.

credentials are correct but i guess there is a problem with the domain controller. The server is in a domain that doesn't exist i amd looking forward to take it out of the domain and retry kaspersky installation using local administrator because i am not able to use the local admin while the server is in the domain. I will keep u posted as soon as i try it out.

1 hour ago, Alex Kaloust said:

credentials are correct but i guess there is a problem with the domain controller. The server is in a domain that doesn't exist i amd looking forward to take it out of the domain and retry kaspersky installation using local administrator because i am not able to use the local admin while the server is in the domain. I will keep u posted as soon as i try it out.

Please let us know the result afterwards!

Thank you.

hello I have managed to successfully install kaspersky for serve 10.0.0486 but yet i was unable to install network agent 10.2.434 or 10.4.343 . I have used the administrator username without any prefix or anything. same username and password failed for the network agent. I will still try taking the server out of domain when i get on site.

Thank you