Wazhai

Kaspersky Free - "Register the application" nag

Hi,

I recently started using Kaspersky Free, it's amazing and I'm really loving it in almost every way. There is just one annoyance. On every restart it asks me to register the application and I can't find a way to stop seeing this notification without (presumably) registering. Does anyone know a way? Or is this just something I'll have to live with to use the free version?

It's also worth noting that signing up for the newsletter when creating an account is not mandatory. So wanting users to receive the newsletter can't be the reason why this nag keeps appearing. I only use Kaspersky on one PC and don't need remote management or any of the online features My Kaspersky offers. So this is just really annoying.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

I don't use Kaspersky Free so I am not familiar with its features and options.  In the paid KIS2018 version there is a page where you can turn off some notifications.  I can reach this page through Settings > Additional > Notifications.  If you have this page available, you might review it to see if anything there applies.  As you say, it may be something you may have to live with if you don't register.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, there are no options for this notification in that section.

It probably want you to register the app on my.kaspersky.com - It takes 1 minute to do so. Also there's no remote management in the free version unfortunately, but you don't need it as you already said. Anyway I'm sure the nag will go away once you register and login via More Tools > Protection for all devices.

I'm sure the nagification would disappear if you register an account. But this is not a nice solution. Actually a account is not necessary for the Free Version.

Following solved the problem for me (at least until Kaspersky changing this behavior)

1. Temporary disable self defense (https://support.kaspersky.com/13912)
  2. Run CMD as administrator (https://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc947813(v=ws.10).aspx)
  3. Copy the following commands to cmd and press enter to execute 
    Backup of the registry keys
    reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert %userprofile%/Desktop/KasperskyRegisterNotificationBackup.reg
  4. Delete settings for registration notification
    reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert /f
  5. Enable Self-Defense.

Additional info: The "dword"-Entry "state" of the registry key seems to be responsible for the notification. Is the value of "state" 0 or 1 the notification will appear, for other values it seems to be disabled.

Edited by cdplayer

Update:

What Bit-Version I am running? (Manual)

Do not forget to disable self-defence (Step 1) of Kaspersky first (and enable it again afterwards). Open CMD as administrator (Step 2).

Of cause you can also open "regedit" by yourself and delete the values in the registry manually.

For 64-Bit

Step 3: Backup

reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert %userprofile%/Desktop/KasperskyUCPRegistrationAlertBackup.reg

Step 4: Copy the following commands to cmd and press enter to execute

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert /f

Step 5: Enable Self-Defense.

For 32-Bit

Step 3: Backup

reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert %userprofile%/Desktop/KasperskyUCPRegistrationAlertBackup.reg

Step 4: Copy the following commands to cmd and press enter to execute

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP18.0.0\Data\UCPRegistrationAlert /f

Step 5: Enable Self-Defense.

Edited by BugMeNotPls

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.