Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is happening on multiple computers of mine.  I've upgraded KIS from 2016 to 2017 on some of them, but the problem persists.

KIS keeps quitting in Windows 10.  Restarting KIS doesn't last long, because it will quit again in a few seconds.

If it was just one computer of mine, then I'd ascribe it to the machine. But since it's happening to all three of my computers, it must be something with KIS.

Nobody is experiencing this?

(I've recently bought a new laptop and used the same activation code from a three-computer license. While the laptop was the 4th computer that I used the activation code on, I'm still using three computers with the license as my previous laptop was retired. But KIS may not know this. Could this be the reason KIS is quitting, thinking that there is on too many computer using the license?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
richbuff   

Please describe "quitting".

Please see the pinned topics, located as indicated in the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richbuff said:

Please describe "quitting".

Please see the pinned topics, located as indicated in the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

The KIS icon in the tray disappears.

And I'm sure KIS is no longer running because I don't see it in the task manager either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dh27564   
9 hours ago, New Daddy said:

(I've recently bought a new laptop and used the same activation code from a three-computer license. While the laptop was the 4th computer that I used the activation code on, I'm still using three computers with the license as my previous laptop was retired. But KIS may not know this. Could this be the reason KIS is quitting, thinking that there is on too many computer using the license?)

In addition to richbuff's instructions, are you seeing any message from Kaspersky along the lines of, "You have exceeded the maximum number of activations" or something to that effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dh27564   

Too late to edit my previous post but when you say, "my previous laptop was retired", what does that mean (simply not using it, sold it, etc.)?  Also, did you uninstall Kaspersky from the old laptop before retiring it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dh27564 said:

In addition to richbuff's instructions, are you seeing any message from Kaspersky along the lines of, "You have exceeded the maximum number of activations" or something to that effect?

No, I've never seen any such message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dh27564 said:

Too late to edit my previous post but when you say, "my previous laptop was retired", what does that mean (simply not using it, sold it, etc.)?  Also, did you uninstall Kaspersky from the old laptop before retiring it?

I still have the laptop, but I'm just no longer using it. No, I didn't uninstall Kaspersky from the old laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also this might be a telltale sign: when I try to re-start Kaspersky after it quits, I see multiple icons of Kaspersky in the tray bar at first, with just one in the typical red color and others in gray, shadowy icons. And then, all the other gray icons disappear and the red icon remains.  

But, as I've stated above, even the red icon doesn't stay long. Usually it disappears within the next few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dh27564   

If you're not using the old laptop, I'd suggest you uninstall Kaspersky from it and reboot it to eliminate it as a possible cause (doubtful it is though).  Also, posting a GSI log as richbuff suggested may offer clues.  Not sure which machine I'd use to create the log though as you say it's happening on all 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dh27564   

Not sure what the problem is.  I just created one on my desktop as the instructions indicate and uploaded it.  No issues.  You might want to try again.

Edited by dh27564
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×